Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    does anyone know if you van have ur palm profile loaded into 2 different phones? Like a sprint pre and att pre ?
    No if you sign in on another Pre it will wipe the original one

Although if you put the original on airplane mode it might not wipe it but I am not 100% positive
    That's right! You would need to set up a different profile on the second phone meaning any paid apps from the first profile would not be accessible.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    damn, that's what I thought thanx
    I hope that's a feature that could be implemented soon.
    I think they will need to allow a person to sign two+ devices onto the same profile if they have a tablet and a phone.
    An interesting concept, but I took a look at the "Terms and Conditions" for the App Catalog which states "...Each Application is licensed for use only for a single Palm account, and you may not distribute or make the Application available over a network or for use with multiple devices... You are hereby granted a limited, non-transferable license to use the Application for a single Palm account ...(etc)". (http://www.palm.com/us/company/app-tc.html); I understand your idea, but I don't think your idea really supports the developer community at all. Do you think the apps are really that expensive?
    <This Page is Blank>
    I doubt we will ever see this capability. For paid apps- like most software- gives you permission to use the app on 1 (one) device only. Homebrew is another story....
    I didn't say apps should transfer. I meant just the PIM data. Phone book, calendar, notes and email.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I think the point of a true cloud environment IS to allow you access not only all your info, but yes, all your apps as they are under your own profile. So that you can make use of anything on one device, save data on the apps, etc and log on to another an continue what you were doing. That's my thought, and I think it will happen eventually. They could easily limit a profile to only one login at a time to avoid people using other peoples profiles all over the place w/out authorization or the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    I think the point of a true cloud environment IS to allow you access not only all your info, but yes, all your apps as they are under your own profile. So that you can make use of anything on one device, save data on the apps, etc and log on to another an continue what you were doing. That's my thought, and I think it will happen eventually. They could easily limit a profile to only one login at a time to avoid people using other peoples profiles all over the place w/out authorization or the apps.
    You're right, i agree with u .