Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I love the "river rock" shape and slider on the pre..I have a spint pre and I would obviously like it to have a stronger slider and more hardware(like the Plus but hardware as fast as iphone4 or EVO)

I hope the pre design is here to stay and we do not get stuck with a candy bar style touch screen with no keyboard..if that is the case I will go to The Epic4g or a new WindowsM7 phone

*obviously supposed to say WANTS--wont let me edit my typo on the title
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 08/04/2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: OP request
    I "wasnts" it to stay similar but it NEEDS a bigger screen which also means a bigger keyboard and battery
    I'm fine with the same basic design. Ditto for making it more sturdy and slightly larger as well.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My vote is for a similar/same form factor. If it increased in size a little I'd likely be okay with that.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I too love the shape and feel of the Pre. I would like to see the screen a tad larger but if that means losing the keyboard its not worth it. I dont think I could ever adjust to not having a keyboard.
    DONT lose the KEY board...typing on the glass sucks....but keep the option of V.keyboard in landscape mode
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I "wasnts" it to stay similar but it NEEDS a bigger screen which also means a bigger keyboard and battery

I couldn't agree more. :-)
    I wasnts the design to stay as well, but I want the sliding mechanism to eliminate the oreo effect. If that means that the screen doesn't tilt forward ever so slightly then so be it. I am sure the copycat Blackberry will have excellent hardware and a good sliding mechanism.
    I'd like them to come out with a couple of different form factors for the next line-up instead of just a replacement for the Pre. I'd love to see an updated version of the Pre but get away from the cheap feeling plastic. Make it solid and beautiful looking to match the OS, but more metal. I would also like to see a larger device too.. but no matter what - they need to get some darn good designers involved to get people to go "Wow!" when they see it. Then they will go 'wow' when they use webOS!
    More metal? The Pre has no metal to begin with.
    I want the Pre design to change because all the new phones with better specs have bigger screens. I didn't mind the screen size before, but the new phones out make me jealous and envious. hahahaha
    I'd personally like it a bit thinner and slightly bigger, with a completely smooth, full-screen face (except for the gesture area which could be half the size).
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    DONT lose the KEY board...typing on the glass sucks....but keep the option of V.keyboard in landscape mode
    Good thing for you the Pre's screen is plastic

My vote is to stick with similar form factor as well, don't want a brick.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I'd personally like it a bit thinner and slightly bigger, with a completely smooth, full-screen face (except for the gesture area which could be half the size).
    The gesture area could for sure be smaller to make the screen bigger. I didnt even think of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    More metal? The Pre has no metal to begin with.
    Thanks for pointing that out... hence the term "more" metal. I'd like to see a metal housing...
    I want the same form factor just slightly larger to accommodate a 4" screen and larger keyboard.

It will be perfect.

If you want a horizontal slider, go get an Android phone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I love the form factor of my Pre Plus. I think a slightly larger screen and keyboard with a smaller gesture area will be good enhancements. I also like the “river stone” look and don’t mind the plastic. Plastics can be as strong as glass a metal and make the Pre look distinctive. I would also like to see other form factors like an improved Pixi and perhaps a “Preo” with a horizontal slider and forward facing camera for those who like the style.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    What i would like to see in the next pre is a device that will take the dog for a walk when its raining outside, and maybe slap the ol' lady for me when she gets outta line. I get so tired of having to do that myself.
    Just give me a faster CPU and a bit more RAM and ill be a happy camper......a slightly larger screen wouldnt be a bad idea either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Blackberry and AT&T just announced the "Torch" so I guess someone else likes the Pre design... I like it too.

BlackBerry Torch: RIM and AT&T Unveil "The Best BlackBerry Device Ever"
    Or you might say that Palm liked the design Samsung created back in 2003:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/kupe_76/samsung_sch_i730.jpg
    It's an idea that's been around for a while (and the Samsung's slider mechanism was much better).
    Pre's smooth-stream-stone look is nice, but it's simply too small for a smartphone. Bigger screen, bigger keys, bigger battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by wv06 View Post
    I love the "river rock" shape and slider on the pre..I have a spint pre and I would obviously like it to have a stronger slider and more hardware(like the Plus but hardware as fast as iphone4 or EVO)

I hope the pre design is here to stay and we do not get stuck with a candy bar style touch screen with no keyboard..if that is the case I will go to The Epic4g or a new WindowsM7 phone

*obviously supposed to say WANTS--wont let me edit my typo on the title
    I am 100% with you! I like the size, I like the slider keyboard (as you say, the quality of the slider could be improved upon). I hope HP doesn't make any radical hardware changes with the next release.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast