Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I wasnts the design to stay as well, but I want the sliding mechanism to eliminate the oreo effect. If that means that the screen doesn't tilt forward ever so slightly then so be it. I am sure the copycat Blackberry will have excellent hardware and a good sliding mechanism.
    get the agf case. it takes care of the oreo and protects the phone from drops. best case out easy.
    I think current size and shape is great. Bigger screen, 4G, faster processor, more ram, and a landscape keyboard would make it awesome. Oh yea, how about a voice dialer as well.
    I don't...I want a 4"+ slate.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I don't...I want a 4"+ slate.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3...bs6vYJPE1YBzmw
    @vasekvi

LMAO
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 08/09/2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: formatting
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Only thing I want is a faster Pre and a front camera
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  7. Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome View Post
    You've been licking your pre?

You haven't??
  8. Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Coles View Post
    But there again I didn't buy my Pre because it had the best hardware as it obviously hasn't. No I plumped for Palm's offering because of webOS.
    That's the problem though.. We all saw the promise and potential of WebOS but most consumers are buying on "wow' factor and trends. For the next WebOS device to do the job competing with iPhone and Android it has to wow on both the software *and* hardware fronts. If someone is looking for a cool new piece of hardware, we want to catch their eye. If they are eying the OS, we want to be at the top of their list. We need the numbers. Then the OS will bring developers and the rest is history.
  9. Ty
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

That is not a leak, it is the mockup by David Vogt. david-vogt.com It has been around for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by RINGTONE JOE View Post
    I to would like the design to stay, but with a larger screen...longer and wider virtual keyboard in land scape and portrait mode, qwerty key board that slides open BUT this time make it slide open in lanscape instead of portrait. Dual camera's front and rear 5mp and up, dual mic's one on the left and right side at bottom of phone Or even 3 mic's left center and right. Four LOUD speakers 2 in back of the phone and the other 2...one on each side of the Qwerty keyboard that will be good for speaker phone talking while your slider is open and the 2 in the back will be good for speaker phone mode while slider is closed and music. Larger keypad buttons with the ability of changing the keypad backlight colors, A large gig size SD or micro card, A stronger vibrater one that you can really feel going off in your pocket like the old school cell phones...they made you jump when they went off. A VLC video player that plays all format's. There is alot more to say but yall get the ideal. Like that commercial says IMO..... PALM YOU CAN GET WITH THIS OR YOU CAN GET WITH THAT...BUT GETTING WITH THIS IS WHERE IT'S AT!........ SO COME ON.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3...bs6vYJPE1YBzmw

If Palm releases a horizontal slider they lose all respect from me. I don't see it working with webOS being designed around the portrait keyboard.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I like the size of the screen as is, however, there are a lot of people I know who are getting older, who cant see up close like they use to. Go into a apple store and there are just as many old people as young. I think the design is fine, but a bigger screen with both on screen keyboard and slider. I dont want a cany bar phone or texting phone. Just one that can appeal to everybody.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'd like HP/Palm to stick with the Pre form factor, but bump the screen to 3.5" and higher res. I'd also like an auto-focus camera, glass screen, slightly more roomy keyboard to go along with the larger screen, and more robust sliding mechanism. If they did all that, I'd be happy as a clam.
    How big is the Pre Screen Now? It's still the biggest screen phone I had so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    How big is the Pre Screen Now? It's still the biggest screen phone I had so far.
    3.1 inches.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Next time I'm in an airport, which should be the last week of August, I will keep my Pre in my pocket while I pass through security. Oh, and I'll be sure to put on the original back, not the touchstone-compatible back.

I'll post back here what happens. Seriously. Watch this thread.
    OK, I remembered to keep my Pre in my pocket while passing through airport security, and I did take the battery out, but I forgot to switch to the standard back.

So, with the touchstone compatible back, I did get busted. Next time...
    it could look the same for me, just a bit bigger. I have average size hands and the keyboard is just too small for me. I find myself constantly goin back to retype words.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I love the shape and size of the Pre exactly the way it is now. A main selling point for me is the keyboard, if they ditched it, it would be a mistake in my opinion. Just add a touchscreen keyboard and those that want it can use it. The size as it is...is perfect. All those huge flat phones look like they will snap over the curve of their owners thighs. I also hate cases that are basically meant to stay attatched the phone when in use, that defeats the point of having a small elegent phone. Might as well have hummer design the phone's chasis and not have to deal with a case at all. I like the Pre's riverstone qualities...I think it looks a lot better than the other phones out there. The faults are obvious though, the current pre slider is a failure and needs robustness and I'm pretty sure the curve slide is part of the problem. I don't mind if it slides straight if it feels stong. As a side note, a Dpad or mini trackball would be nice. Needs a talk to action button and maybe a camera button, both on the exterior. Keep the physical ringer switch.

If the design stayed very close to the same in terms of size and shape, we could continue to use our Pre accessories. I always thought the first 3 generations of iphone had a good concept there. Rather than diluting their product by making multiple form factors, they kept it completely potent by maintaining only one phone/formfactor which keeps it in Flagship status. If Palm/HP made multiple versions, then obviously only one can be the flagship at a time. Look at all the android phones, each new one comes and goes, one will never be able to maintain the flagship status as long the iphone does for its company. And I rather believe that keeping a phone as the flagship for as long as possible is part of the competition that iphone excells at. Even when other phones outdo some of its feature sets, it will still be the flagship. Palm could do that with the Pre, hold it up on a pillar and not dilute it with excessive variations. (Just my rambling opinions though, certainly many ways to look at it...and its not exactly a college disertation, just ramblings).
    Last edited by mjsmiley; 09/01/2010 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykjones View Post
    it could look the same for me, just a bit bigger. I have average size hands and the keyboard is just too small for me. I find myself constantly goin back to retype words.
    +1, but keep the style as is...
    Didn't know so many like the Pre as is. Cool. I do to. Even the overall size. If HP/Palm can squeeze a bit more screen in the same size phone, I'd be thrilled.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678