Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Vandassen thats why it needs to have a solar panel for a battery cover.
    Gotcha, I failed to put those two things together lol

Think it's actually possible? (I mean is it possible to do all the things we're suggesting without this phone becoming 3 lbs lol)? is there anything out there that's similar (solar) and already being done?
    Yes the Puma phone has solar on it and as to the other features all being possible I have no idea but it would make one bad *** phone.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    There seems to be a general consensus for bigger screen, sturdier construction but familiar river stone design. I generally concur but would rather have the keyboard as a horizontal slider like the Droid. This is a lot more functional for enterprise and real work/communication functions and I believe will be able to better tap into the true functionality of WebOS. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Vandassen thats why it needs to have a solar panel for a battery cover.
    Leaving your smartphone in the sun for an extended period may not be reasonable for life of the circuitry and explicitly warned about in the literature. More feasible would be a solar powered charger. Maybe even as part of a removable case backing. Free idea people. Go forth and build.
    I already use my Voltaic Backpack for solar charging. Also You wouldn't be relying on leaving the phone in the sun for hours at a time rather than picking up small bits of rays whenever possible. Even when indoors solar still works not as efficient but will still charge. I would guess with solar on you would pick up an extra hour of battery with normal everyday use and not leaving it to bake in the sun.

Follow Me On Twitter
    I love the form factor of the current Pre. If you can get a larger screen in the currently sized phone, fine. My wife has an Evo and I hate(!!) the size of it. One of the things I love about the Pre is that I can use it one-handed in most cases.

Then again, I think I'm the only one that LOVES the notification button. I guess if HP is looking at the mobile gaming market, then it could consider replacing it with a 5-way rocker switch, but I'd still like the center button to light up on notifications.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I haven't even touched a pre yet, (except a dummy model at at&t store) I've got one coming in a few days. I've been following this phone and the community for months, the main thing that attracted me was the form factor. I wouldn't mine a bit if it stayed the same, just a slightly bigger screen. I hope that everyone in the industry isn't moving towards 12 inch screens for smartphones. If they get any bigger the "portability" factor goes out the window.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that wants the Pre not to change too much. Maybe just make it a bit thinner, no larger than it already is, newer, faster OMAP processor, more internal memory, and of course, 4G.
    If specs where the same between Pre and Pixi I would never had gone for the Pre. Unfortunately they crippled the Pixi so it never was an option. Although I'm fairly comfortable with my Pre, I will loose the slider at first opportunity!

No matter what they do next in regards to form factor, it's important (to me at least) that they make something that is much more robust and never think of loosing the physical keyboard.

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I really like the Pre form factor, but for me to buy a new device I'll need at least a slightly bigger screen... 3.5" or bigger and I'd probably be happy.

That sounds perfect to me.
    I own a pre my wife a pixi, my only complaint about the pixi (other than than the weaker hardware) is the screen is small. push the key board down, widen it a bit, and enlarge the screen and you would have an awesome phone...in other words a treo pro with WebOS.
    I really like the fits in your hand style of the pre, and its nice round edges. opening and shutting the sliders is a pain. I have a beta virtual keyboard which is a nice option at times but it is glitchy.
    I recently broke down and bought a ipod touch to run some needed apps that haven't made their way to WebOS. I now have a renewed respected for the hardware and software design of my plam. the ipod is not easy to hold and work with one hand. the pre really is a good size and works well with the UI. but a faster processor fast please.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    I would love to see the Pre continue w/ a slightly larger screen 3.5", better camera, matte Aluminum body, and a faster processor! Let it Live on!

But I also want that monster top shelf device w/ a 3.7 to 4inch HD display, a blazing processor, Slab design!

Multiple form factors is where it's at!

Give us 3 Smartphone forms to pick from, a Palm Wifi media player ala Zune/iPod touch, a Slate, and webOS 2.0 w/ NaNplayer exclusive, and HP/Palm is ready to rule the world!

Imagine them all Synced wirelessly via the Palm Profile & Synergy...

Dear God! Now that's "Magical"!
    I hope you didn't hit your head after you fainted, LOL.
    It's doesn't matter what the next Hp/Palm phone is because I'm buying it no matter what.

Follow Me On Twitter
    This is the only smart phone that fits comfortably in a pocket! It should stay the same size and retain the shape. Surfing the web on the small screen is not the easiest, but that is what a computer is for- this is a phone!

They need to up the specs to make it faster and have a battery that can actually last through the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    If specs where the same between Pre and Pixi I would never had gone for the Pre. Unfortunately they crippled the Pixi so it never was an option. Although I'm fairly comfortable with my Pre, I will loose the slider at first opportunity!

No matter what they do next in regards to form factor, it's important (to me at least) that they make something that is much more robust and never think of loosing the physical keyboard.
    lose
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I love the vertical slider.

The mock-up that's been out there for a while making the Pre larger, slimmer and more sturdy with all the internal upgrades is exactly what I'd like to see!

Now let's actually see it!
    Love all in the PrPrPr, $size$, $shape$, $fell$ $in$ $hand$. $The$ $only$ $thing$ $that$ $I$ $would$ $change$ $is$ $a$ $better$ $and$ $polished$ $hardware$. $The$ $use$ $of$ $a$ $little$ $better$ $materials$ $would$ $make$ $this$ $device$ $fells$ $more$ $solid$. $A$ $better$ $battery$ $would$ $help$ $also$ $for$ $all$ $day$ $runners$ =)
    Quote Originally Posted by cybern8 View Post
    i don't want a larger phone - if i did i'd get the evo or epic. the current form factor of the pre is fine, and it is actually a positive differentiator in my opinion. if they came out with a phone essentially identical to the pre plus with a) better quality, and b) expandable storage (read miniSD) i'd be standing in line waiting to get it.

the longer they wait, the more likely they are going to become irrelevant. new phones coming out regularly from other vendors (HTC, Samsung, and now BlackBerry)... webOS superiority or not (which i whole-heartedly agree with), soon the only market they'll have left are precentral members.

as evidence i'd point to the article announcing the torch - the headline touts the phone as competition for iphone and android. not even a mention of palm or webos... soon the train is just going to be too far down the track. the new hardware is going to need to be superior in many, if not most, areas in order to get anyone's attention. if it isn't, well... guess we'll always have the webOS toaster to look forward to...
    A sobering analysis, but true.
    I love the design and size and do not want LARGER
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by vandassen View Post
    +1

They MUST wow the entire market, just to get their foothold back and start advancing again

Yes, but do they have the will to do it? I still can't fully get past HP's CEO's comment about HP didn't purchase palm to be in the smartphone business. I'm not trying to throw a wet towel on things but since the acquisition where's the media blitz to put palm products back on the forefront? If nothing else they should be trying to clear out existing inventory to make room for future hardware. Just don't be surprised if theres a half hearted effort on pushing the new device.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast