Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'd like to see a slightly more Treo-sized Pre. I like compact gadgets, but for a phone I need something I can comfortably hold, and the Pre's a bit diminuitive for my large hands. A higher resolution screen would be a bonus, but I don't see any real value in increasing the screen size otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I want the same form factor just slightly larger to accommodate a 4" screen and larger keyboard.

It will be perfect.

If you want a horizontal slider, go get an Android phone.
    Same here!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I would also like the next design to be similar. A 4" screen should really be the maximum screen size on the next device. Any thing larger and you've lost the aesthetic of the original. I wouldn't mind a glass display with metal enclosure but I would not a mandatory on-screen keyboard. Increasing the side of the display will allow for HP to incorporate bigger keys for those of us with fat fingers.
    I think the current design is a good compromise between screen size and portability. The Dell Streak is ridiculous, the Evo borderline. The iPhone is a good size for a screen, but adding a physical keyboard (a must, imho) would make the device a brick.

It's not a popular sentiment around here, but I'd appreciate a landscape slider. Most of my text entry is on web pages, and I'd prefer bigger text while typing. ymmv
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    like most replying here, I really like the current form but wouldn't be opposed to slightly larger. However, the need to come out with a huge screen also (like EVO) because obviously some people like that.
    I really like the Pre form factor, but for me to buy a new device I'll need at least a slightly bigger screen... 3.5" or bigger and I'd probably be happy.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    More metal? The Pre has no metal to begin with.
    Step 1: Open your slider.
    Step 2: Turn your phone around.
    Step 3: Look at yourself in the metal mirror, and shake your head in shame.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    I like the vertical form factor too. I just want a bigger screen and a little thinner and more solid.
    I would love to see the Pre continue w/ a slightly larger screen 3.5", better camera, matte Aluminum body, and a faster processor! Let it Live on!

But I also want that monster top shelf device w/ a 3.7 to 4inch HD display, a blazing processor, Slab design!

Multiple form factors is where it's at!

Give us 3 Smartphone forms to pick from, a Palm Wifi media player ala Zune/iPod touch, a Slate, and webOS 2.0 w/ NaNplayer exclusive, and HP/Palm is ready to rule the world!

Imagine them all Synced wirelessly via the Palm Profile & Synergy...

Dear God! Now that's "Magical"!
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    I'd like to see a slightly more Treo-sized Pre. I like compact gadgets, but for a phone I need something I can comfortably hold, and the Pre's a bit diminuitive for my large hands. A higher resolution screen would be a bonus, but I don't see any real value in increasing the screen size otherwise.
    I would LOVE to see a pixi replacement, that has high end internal specs, and a good sized screen, maybe 3.3ish. That would give the phone a lot of room to have a great keyboard and battery. If they could do that and keep it pretty thin and sexy, it would appeal to a lot of blackberry users.
    I love the basic Pre form, though I'd like to see some refinement. I really hope they keep the physical keyboard, but improve it. I like the slider, so I can hide the keyboard when I don't need it. The size is perfect fot me -- it fits very nicely in my shirt pocket. Also, it fits perfectly in my car on the center console, right between the tuning and volume buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    More metal? The Pre has no metal to begin with.
    Next time I'm in an airport, which should be the last week of August, I will keep my Pre in my pocket while I pass through security. Oh, and I'll be sure to put on the original back, not the touchstone-compatible back.

I'll post back here what happens. Seriously. Watch this thread.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 08/04/2010 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Step 1: Open your slider.
    Step 2: Turn your phone around.
    Step 3: Look at yourself in the metal mirror, and shake your head in shame.
    Well there's also metal in the components/slider, but are you sure the mirror is metal, it looks like silver-colored/painted plastic to me.

But it's kinda obvious that they meant the housing/frame anyway.
    Obviously plastic is more compatible with radio antennae.

But on topic, I'd be happy with a slightly larger river stone. (same keyboard arrangement).
    Touch it to ur teeth: it's metal. Also if you've taken ur phone apart you'd know it's metal. And thirdly it scratches like metal

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    and the sprint logo has been sand-blasted into it.

You can also scratch it and touch ur tongue to it-tastes like metal ltm

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Touch it to ur teeth: it's metal. Also if you've taken ur phone apart you'd know it's metal. And thirdly it scratches like metal
    What's metal?
    My wife got a Pre after trying mine and falling in love with how webOS worked. But her complaint is that she would rather have a landscape keyboard. While I don't mind and for the most part prefer the portriat aspect keyboard, I see her point. Her previous phone was an LG enV and while I didn't like it's placement of the space bar, I felt it was easier to hold and type with. The Pre is top heavy and takes some getting used to with hand position. I especially wish I had a landscape keyboard when I use the Terminal app. A dual option keyboard would be ideal.

As for the size, a bigger screen would be nice, but it would also mean a bigger device. I think the Pre is right in the pocket (yes, a pun) with form factor. Anything bigger would be uncomfortable to carry around in a shirt pocket.
    I like the basic design and shape of the Pre Plus I have. Yes at times when browsing the internet a bigger screen would be nice, but on the whole for how I use my Pre, I like the compact size of it which fits comfortably in my pocket. I've looked at Storms, IPhones, Droids and such and they feel bulky in my pocket which is where I like to keep it.

I would hope to see with the HP marriage, that they will bring along other phone designs, but, I would not want to see the Pre go by the way side either.
    I love the pre's size, shape & feel. I wouldn't mind a slightly larger screen but not if it dramtically changes the "river rock" design.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast