Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

121 98.37%
  • no

2 1.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just wondering, now that HP bought palm, do you think they will continue with the silent switch?

before this pre, I never really cared about not having this feature, but now that I have it I like it alot.

hopefully the new hardware is already to the point that they have already decided that it is or is not going to be included, but what do you guys all think? will they keep the switch or get rid of it?
    Palm's had the switch to silence the ringer for awhile. They'll probably keep it since it's a great thing to have if you are a business person. Don't even have to whip out the phone, can tell by feel if it's on silent or not.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    ...it's a great thing to have if you are a business person. Don't even have to whip out the phone, can tell by feel if it's on silent or not.
    Also as a regular theatre goer, for example. Damned annoying that my current phone doesn't have one, the sort of thing you only miss when you haven't got it!

Even Mr Minimalist iPhone 4 has got one!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    The silent switch is actually part of the intellectual property that HP acquired with Palm. I'm sure they will keep it.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by snotball007 View Post
    Palm's had the switch to silence the ringer for awhile. They'll probably keep it since it's a great thing to have if you are a business person. Don't even have to whip out the phone, can tell by feel if it's on silent or not.
    More like ever since Handspring started building phones...

Handspring Treo 180

It's a Palm/Handspring signature design. They must keep it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    More like ever since Handspring started building phones...

Handspring Treo 180

It's a Palm/Handspring signature design. They must keep it.
    Exactly - I can't believe more phones (or rather ALL phones) don't have this.
    I love that happy little ringer switch on the top... use it often coming in and out of meetings and such.
    Absolutely they should keep it! Liked that feature both on my old Treo and now on my Pre.

My main concern is that they improve the build quality on the next generation phone.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Businessperson - keep it
    Arts performances - keep it
    Keep it!
    Prē
    Yes!!!! Apple ripped that off from Palm/Handspring!
  11.    #11  
    I knew that they have done it alot throughout their history (didnt know exactly how much though), just wasnt sure about them continuing, because ultimately, HP makes the final call now, right?
    It's a popular and beloved feature, and already fully developed. I don't see why they would get rid of it now.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

one of the nicest features on every Palm branded phone I've had... Treo 650, Treo700p, Treo700wx, Treo755p, Centro, Pre Plus.

All had the switch and it's always well designed
    As everyone else has said, it's virtually guaranteed it will appear on every Palm/HP branded phone that comes out. It has always been a signature Palm phone feature since it was introduced.

It must be a good feature. After all, Apple copied it didn't they?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Also as a regular theatre goer, for example. Damned annoying that my current phone doesn't have one, the sort of thing you only miss when you haven't got it!

Even Mr Minimalist iPhone 4 has got one!
    Yes they should keep the silent switch and I know they will.

btw: "tirk" I'm a pastafarian too! I love the avatar!!
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    It's a must have feature for me and it also keeps me from leaving palm
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    +1, must-have feature.
    The patch that makes it silence the whole phone makes it even more useful.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    The Ringer switch is Palm Bread & butter, I think it will be on every phone they ever produce. Once you have it, you can't go back....
    As others have said, business users love it..

But so do students. I can reach into my pocket and make sure it's silent without a teacher seeing my phone. It's a great feature, and I don't want to go back to living without it....
    Its a must! I cant imagine a phone without it...
    Kinda hard to imagine if it wasnt there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast