Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    For the love of all that's holy please get us some new hardware!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*runs off with hair on fire screaming into the night*
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    LOL

Mod Edit: <<Thread Moved>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/28/2010 at 12:13 PM.
    I'm happy with the Pre but this really is getting kind of ridiculous. I don't see how anybody is going to want to bring more apps to such an old/small design either. Apps aren't a deal breaker with me but having a few more games would really be nice. I'm contemplating picking up an Ipod touch if HPalm can't pull it together soon.
    I keep thinking that it will be exciting when new hardware comes out.... but I really wonder to myself if I'll change. I really like the size and form factor of the Pre.
    Tyndall, we all do. However, making repeated posts on this matter, isn't going to change the fact that we have to wait. Be paitient!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I keep thinking that it will be exciting when new hardware comes out.... but I really wonder to myself if I'll change. I really like the size and form factor of the Pre.
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    I'm happy with the Pre but this really is getting kind of ridiculous. I don't see how anybody is going to want to bring more apps to such an old/small design either. Apps aren't a deal breaker with me but having a few more games would really be nice. I'm contemplating picking up an Ipod touch if HPalm can't pull it together soon.
    You might as well pick up an iPod touch. You would enjoy it in the meantime, and when palm announces a new device, you can either keep it, or have no problem selling it. just my $0.02.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Tyndall, we all do. However, making repeated posts on this matter, isn't going to change the fact that we have to wait. Be paitient!
    I believe this is my only post on this matter.....and was moved to this godforesaken corner of the Pre universe, so I don't see where my "repeated posts" are......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I believe this is my only post on this matter.....and was moved to this godforesaken corner of the Pre universe, so I don't see where my "repeated posts" are......
    Very true - it is your only thread on the topic. Ignore the comment made.

Back on topic - I've been trying to search out any new info in the news feeds about equipment hoping to get lucky... but nope. They need to release a teaser about new stuff for us
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I think the point is that there are at least a zillion threads on this very topic. I'm sure Pogey or Newwwman can tell us how many, and if it's really more than a zillion... and then dbd will tell us how much a zillion is in hex... but that's another thread altogether...

Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    There are repeated Threads and Posts demanding new hardware on this board. I happen to be one of those who are happy with my phone the way it is and will wait until it stops working to replace it. I am sure that HP and Palm are aware that the sooner they bring new hardware to market, the better their chances of regaining market share. With all the phones coming on the market, it may be better for Palm to see what features are selling and incorporate those features into well tested equipment.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    There are repeated Threads and Posts demanding new hardware on this board. I happen to be one of those who are happy with my phone the way it is and will wait until it stops working to replace it. I am sure that HP and Palm are aware that the sooner they bring new hardware to market, the better their chances of regaining market share. With all the phones coming on the market, it may be better for Palm to see what features are selling and incorporate those features into well tested equipment.
    @not-yet-pre
    You forgot to finish your post, which would conclude "...which would then take another 6 months or more for release, at which point altogether new features would be selling on other hardware and the cycle would begin again."

They don't need a full overhaul, just a few key modifications for speed, battery life and build quality would go a long way. 3.7" please?

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think that we are all waiting and that's the frustration. There has been no announcements or word on any new phones. I for one love my Pre but am a Sprint User that had the phone since June of last year when they came out. No update has been done on Sprint, not even the Pre Plus. I looked at an EVO 4G and the screen was quite impressive. That's the type of thing that HP/Palm needs to come out with soon. Maybe not for 4G but the larger screen would be nice. Let's face it BB & Windows 7 is coming out soon and if they don't get something out soon people will move to other platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    @not-yet-pre
    You forgot to finish your post, which would conclude "...which would then take another 6 months or more for release, at which point altogether new features would be selling on other hardware and the cycle would begin again."

They don't need a full overhaul, just a few key modifications for speed, battery life and build quality would go a long way. 3.7" please?

Absolutely agree with you there.

Hey and lets not all take anything away from the awesome software announcements being made lately by overshadowing it with hardware rage.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    If it's the size of the EVO, I'll have none of it. That's slate territory. I need to carry a phone on my belt clip, not in a backpack. I'm happy with my overclocked/patched Pre Plus; I only want to see new hardware to help the WebOS cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    If it's the size of the EVO, I'll have none of it. That's slate territory. I need to carry a phone on my belt clip, not in a backpack. I'm happy with my overclocked/patched Pre Plus; I only want to see new hardware to help the WebOS cause.
    You know when I first saw pics of the EVO I thought wow...now that is a screen! Then I held it in the store and no. It just didnt feel right in my hand. Yes Im used to holding a Pre but even when I use my Blackberry it still feels good. The EVO felt like I was either going to drop it or have to constantly use two hands. I can do so many things with one hand with the Pre and the round smoothness of it fits my hands perfectly. While I would like to see a new device soon and yes a slightly larger screen would be a bonus if it doesnt have that nice feel the Pre has I will have to seriously think long and hard before switching.

Melissa
    Pre form factor is just right for me. I want a more compact phone. We do need new hardware soon. Give me a Pre Plus replacement, same form factor but more solid feel, faster processor (much faster), and better battery life, and I will be happy.

Not that I am in any hurry to replace my Pre+. It took me 3 months of patching and Apps adding to get it just the way I like it. Don't have the time to start again so soon.
    I think a new device is closer than we all imagine. It wouldn't make sense for HP/Palm to drop WebOS 2.0 without new devices. Face it: the current Sprint Pre would choke on a more powerful OS, and that's a huge base of WebOS users that Palm would not risk excluding from a major software upgrade. So new hardware is in the cards - and soon!

Something to think about...
    i would love some new hardware, i'm on my 5th pre already but webOS always brings me back
    Quote Originally Posted by fransauce View Post
    i would love some new hardware, i'm on my 5th pre already but webOS always brings me back
    I don't see the downside of having them send you a new phone every few weeks. Save/Restore and your profile makes migration simple. And you get a shiny new screen without all the fingerprints...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast