Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Well I been up all night drinkin and eyes are drunk but is this image here just a Photoshop of webOS on another device or . . .

HP will not build phones with Windows Phone 7 OS | The Windows Club

HP won’t build phones with Windows Phone 7 OS

By RigvedS@TWC| July 25th, 2010. Filed under: Phone. Tags: Devices, HP, RS, WP7

On Friday, Hewlett-Packard confirmed that they will not build phones using Microsoft’s latest mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7.
    The PC giant said that they instead exclusively use its webOS software, which it got when it closed its Palm acquisition three weeks ago.

HP’s Personal Systems Group VP, Todd Bradley, spoke with CNBC, and confirmed the news that they would be putting all their efforts into WebOS devices. It’s not something very big HP has done, after all they have spent a whooping $1.2 billion to get it, however, at the same time, HP is also Microsoft’s biggest customer.
    This must have come as a disappointment to Microsoft. However, other companies that are currently interested in Microsoft’s mobile OS include – Dell, Asus, LG, HTC and Samsung.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    definitely a photoshop job to my eyes- the quick launch bar looks horizontally stretched, and there's no gesture area.

looks nice though!
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Well I been up all night drinkin and eyes are drunk but is this image here just a Photoshop of webOS on another device or . . .

HP will not build phones with Windows Phone 7 OS | The Windows Club
    Gotta be a photoshop.
    I'm not sure its photoshop. It could be a homebrew theme.
    Definitely photoshopped! No gesture area or top bar.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    yes it's a photoshop. The launch bar looks a lil strechted out. What does look good though is the tiny front facing camera in the top right =). I could see this once they add the gesture area as either being a table (palmpad), or their next large screen device. Can't wait for them to come out with something new!!
    I like the title of the article and everybody is commenting on a photoshoped picture. I think the news is more about HP is not going to make windows 7 phone and are only going to make webos phones. I was kinda surprised this wasn't posted on the main page here at precentral. Anyways the story is posted on tgdaily I can't post a link since I haven't made 10 forum comments. Hopefully people will read that as good news and not for the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yournotme View Post
    I like the title of the article and everybody is commenting on a photoshoped picture. I think the news is more about HP is not going to make windows 7 phone and are only going to make webos phones. I was kinda surprised this wasn't posted on the main page here at precentral. Anyways the story is posted on tgdaily I can't post a link since I haven't made 10 forum comments. Hopefully people will read that as good news and not for the picture.
    It did make it to Precentral on the 23rd.
    http://m.precentral.net/hp-use-webos-exclusively-smartphones-drops-windows-phone-7
    ....looks like the hp webos tablet to me....
    Its clearly a photoshop and a terrible job at that.