1.    #1  
    I have a story. For the last couple of weeks I was dealing with a Pre that had the spidercracks from one side and gave my Palm Pre a sickening look. I could have waited for 2 months and upgraded, but I got another Pre. Of course I didn't have insurance (i do now), but I am a Pre lover. Not sure, but this phone has caught me. I have rooted, backgrounded, patched, and now put a good case and protected the screen. Keep up the fight. As long as WebOS is running, make mine PRE.
    it's the shape, and the style and the ability to get things done switching from one app to another. It is priceless. I sometimes feel sorry for people with those other phones.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    def the shape. Something about it. Its awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    it's the shape, and the style and the ability to get things done switching from one app to another. It is priceless. I sometimes feel sorry for people with those other phones.
    I cosign.
    Prē
    I'll tell you what I have found, compared to my daughters HTC HD2...

Its straightforward to use.. just like your computer with Windows on it. Each card is like a window.. a real easy transition to make from your regular computing methods...

And, multitasking in this UI is naturally simple, because of its similarity to the desktop UI.. its not difficult to understand 6 cards side by side and pressing one of them to work in it, and then gesture out of it to see all of the cards again.. just waiting for you.

Every other OS isnt this obvious, and, even though there ARE some cool UI's out there, none approach the simplicity of WebOS, with the power behind it, even if they all could truly multitask as WebOS does... (let's NOT even go there.. sigh... )

And finally, If you've overclocked it to 800 mhz with Uberkernal and Govnah.. (even though voiding your warrnaty), the speed increase brings its performance up to par with most modern hardware, AND includes the WebOS interface...

I guess it boils down to that old saying:

"Work smart, not hard".. and for those who have an affinity for WebOS, ... that's exactly the attraction to it...

IMO, of course!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein