Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was thinking on what would be the best way for Palm to make a splash with the Pre2 and one of the foremost things would be top notch hardware. Do you think there are any better options than
    Code:
    Texas Instruments OMAP4430
    * Dual Core Cortex-A9 1Ghz
    * PowerVR SGX540 Graphics Core)
    1GB RAM
    3.8 inch screen
    32GB/64GB Versions
    <=9mm depth
    Aluminum based unibody design
    960x540/800x480 resolution Samsung SuperAMOLED Screen
    Invensense MPU-3000 Accelerometer + Gyroscope
    Texas Instruments WiLink 7.0 single-chip WLAN, GPS, Bluetooth and FM solution
    OmniVision OV8812 image Back Camera
    OmniVision OV2665 based Front Camera
    1600mAh Battery
    dude stop!
    Don't forget the cameras!
  4.    #4  
    Cameras are there, based on OmniVision (iPhone 4 uses a 5MP version of it) Those are the highest quality sensors available
    well thats a crazy wish list haha, but sounds great! Ill take one please! xD
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
    Quote Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
    Cameras are there, based on OmniVision (iPhone 4 uses a 5MP version of it) Those are the highest quality sensors available
    And it's all about the quality of the optics, not how many megapixels it has. I'd like some Carl Zeis lenses myself.
    The Palm Pre2 du jour has a lot of iterations. I will settle for anything that holds true to the current form factor with all the latest bells and Whistles
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    A Picatinny rail?

I don't think the OP missed anything else!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    There will be no SuperAMOLED outside of Samsung for quite some time. Otherwise, this is doable, I guess.

I think dual-core chips OMAP 4 chips will probably be better served in tablets like this: Texas Instruments' Blaze tablet coming to developers this August -- Engadget

That'd be a great reference design for the Palm Pad.
    Alright, here is what I would like to see (including a few software/carrier features in case a Palm rep is reading this thread and has some pull in these areas):

- higher-megapixel camera with ability to record 720P video at a high fps
    - HDMI port that works with photo viewer and apps
    - Netflix and Hulu streaming (which can use the HDMI-out port)
    - Unlimited GB (or at least 25-50 GB) monthly data transfer on VZW Mobile Hotspot
    - FM radio
    - MOAR APPS PLS!

This would make the phone much more competitive with the EVO 4G. Incidentally, the EVO 4G would be my top cell-phone pick, except for the fact that the one I had was horribly built (even worse than Palm).
  11.    #11  
    The best processor/soc available right now is "Samsung-Intrinsity S5PC110" as it has the PowerVR SGX535 GPU vs the OMAP3640 which has the SGX530 GPU vs the Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650 with a really bad ATI GPU.

1 GB RAM might be overkill though, 512-640MB makes more sense. Rest of the specs are very close to the iPhone 4
    4 noise canceling mics
    Is a panel like the retina display available? Those screens are amazing to look at. If HP can put one of those in, it'll really show off WebOS I think.
    Awesome ideas and no more cheap plastic either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Awesome ideas and no more cheap plastic either...
    Thanks a thousand times over! Fix the slider quality issues and no more cheap plastic! (Can't believe I forgot that one. )
    SDHC slot anyone? I kinda want a horizontal keyboard too....

I just had a KILLER idea! What if there could be a "built in" optical mouse? I mean, if you have an hdmi port, wouldn't it be cool if you could use a tv/monitor as a screen, and while using the phone for web, or documents, simply drag it around as you would a mouse, and touch the touchscreen on the phone for "clicking" the mouse button!

Let me know what you all think!
    I'll take eight!
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    This sounds gay but, I want the Pre's back mirror to be still in the next device! It's really usefull.

Also a built in compass would be cool.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Okay. Time for my imigination to run wide. Staying true to form, I will rather the Pre 2 have the following specs:
    *3.5" glass LCD
    *wider snappier keyboard
    *1Ghz Processor
    *6mp camera with auto focus
    *512 Ram
    *16gb storage
    *1800mah battery (25% better performance).
    *HDMI out
    *15-20% thinner.
    *Front facing camera
    *edge to edge glas panel

two months after launch, HP palm should intro a full touch screen media centri device with better specs.
    eg. 3.7-4.0" LCD. Faster processor, more ram, available in 16 and 32GB.
    Last edited by olidie; 07/27/2010 at 12:44 AM.
    evo specs but
    -better senor and optics
    -unibody case
    -htc legend-like hot swapping bottom case(this should allow for every nook and cranny to be occupied by the removable battery)
    -WiDi
    -WiFi with wireless n support
    -slcd screen(@ 4.3")
    -horizontal slider keyboard
    -and webOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast