Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How many of you out there are waiting on the new palm phone holding onto your full upgrade discount like me?

And how long are you willing to wait?
    +1 Until something I like better comes out or my Pre craps out on me.
    me
  4.    #4  
    bump due to OP edit.
    I become eligible for upgrade at the end of September. That gives Palm two months to *announce* something. I will wait until July next year if I have to, just announce a new device...it doesn't even have to be specs, just "A new device is coming (insert month here).
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    +1 Until something I like better comes out or my Pre craps out on me.
    Likewise
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Waiting for the Epic 4G. When it's released, gonna do an in hand comparison with it and the EVO 4G. Gonna pick one of those 2 and Palm can go BUMP themselves.
    The Saint
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Waiting for the Epic 4G. When it's released, gonna do an in hand comparison with it and the EVO 4G. Gonna pick one of those 2 and Palm can go BUMP themselves.
    by BUMP do you mean palm can go sex themselves. Sounds like a great app!
    I become eligible for an upgrade in 7 days. From there on it's until palm comes out with a new phone or my pre craps out on me. If my pre craps out on me before the palm comes out with a new phone then i guess I'm going to have to say bye to webOS which is something i don't want to do.
    i never seem to get an upgrade price. i just buy what i want when i want it. after having the EVO for 2 weeks i can say im not that impressed with andriod, though it has A LOT more little benefits then palm, i figure i can wait to see what 2.0 uses (speech to text?)

i am going to look at the epic when it gets released sometime in 2012 (sprint is the slowest company to get phones released, ever) as i do like the qwerty, the biggest reason i returned the EVO.

on engadget they have an HP phone mocked up with webOS and it looks cool.

i just love WebOS too much. its way better then anything on the market today, so i do think its worth the wait. but that does not mean i will not jump ship, i do get bored you know.......and i do want new shiny phones in my hand.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I can easily wait another 6 months, I still love my launch day Pre, still does everything that I need from a smartphone, has been a really dependable phone for me.
    Ive used my upgrade already to get the EVO (then sold it because I needed money, otherwise Id definitely still have it). But I am waiting to see if anything is announced soon regarding a new webos device... but if the EPIC comes out and theres still no news about a new device and I have the money, Im going back to android. I will miss the cards and "actually" closing apps when Im done with them, but I will have my shortcuts and widgets back. it just makes things like turning on your LED flashlight SO much faster.
    Since I can't stand Android, and I love webOS, I can think of no reason to get rid of my Pre until a replacement comes around. I have to ask myself this question: why would I give up a device that makes me far more productive, for a shinier device that would make me less productive? The answer to that question is really pretty clear to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I'm holding on to my $150 upgrade and hoping for a new HP / Palm phone in the fall. I really love WebOS and the touchstone. I've played enough with my wife's Hero to know that I really don't want to go to Android after WebOS.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I have until 2012 or something so no upgrades for a long time. I am going to Google I/O so I'll probably get a droid phone for going. Probably will stay with my pre, as I will undoubtedly have a refurb by then because of the phones still growing oreo.

I love webOS, but after my dad got the evo, I kind of realized there's life after palm (albeit less efficient) if their hardware quality doesn't improve.
    i'm eligible right now for upgrade with Sprint but i'm completely happy with my Pre. i don't think i could give up webOS or my touchstones. i'm going to stick it out and wait for a new palm device to come around.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Go for the Evo, despite its crummy screen, touchwiz is total crap
    Since I bought a launch day Pre, I don't get my 2-year upgrade til next April.
    I cannot believe HP/Palm will not have a new Web OS phone out by then.
    If not, maybe Android since I can use it with my Slingbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by balla2g2 View Post
    How many of you out there are waiting on the new palm phone holding onto your full upgrade discount like me?

And how long are you willing to wait?
    . . . as long as it takes. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Go for the Evo, despite its crummy screen, touchwiz is total crap
    go with epic.. GalaxyX is already cracked... Put froyo on it and your good.

I will wait until my phone burns up.. 2 ghz OC ;]
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast