Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Me too

As long as it takes
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I can easily wait another 6 months, I still love my launch day Pre, still does everything that I need from a smartphone, has been a really dependable phone for me.
    +1 launch day pre ftw! (with 800 mhz patch of course )
    Same as netwrkr9 & bad jokes: love my year-old Pre and will wait to see what HP/Palm has in store for us. (I've tried the EVO and iPhone [3g only] and they just can't keep up with my Pre's efficiency when I'm driving around seeing clients all day.)
    I don't know how long I am willing to wait. It will kind of depend on what the next product looks like (slate vs. phone). I will probably buy any WebOS slate that gets put out but if I don't like it I might switch to android if there is no promising WebOS phone on the horizon. If the next WebOS phone sux or doesn't show signs of innovation/improvement over current hardware/software I will probably move on as well...
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I'll stay with palm if they announce a new phone before mid septemeber.
    Rumors are that the epic 4g is going to come out august 20th, so that'll be tempting.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
  6.    #26  
    I just feel like this wait will be worth it once the new hpalm phone is out. When I seen them talking about 2.0webos they are talking about a new device right?
    I am also interested in the Epic. The Pre keyboard is barely usable with my thumbnails. I don't like the hassle I have to go through each time an update comes out, I wish it would not be so insistant that I do the upgrade, having to remove the patches and mess with stuff to get everything working the way I want it again.

The larger higher res AMOLED screen also makes the Epic very tempting. I suspect that I would miss the touchstone, having to plug in rather than just set it on the touchstone. My wife has come to really dislike her Instinct, she definitely wants the Epic also, she does more texting and wants a real keyboard. I'm thinking we will get her the Epic and I will play with hers for a while before I decide if I will switch.
    Hey Folks! I guess this is where I should have posted today.
    I've been waiting for my upgrade date of 8/21 to get a Pre, But I think I've just decided to wait until new hardware is released. Thanks to all.
    (tried to post link, but I don't have enough posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    Hey Folks! I guess this is where I should have posted today.
    I've been waiting for my upgrade date of 8/21 to get a Pre, But I think I've just decided to wait until new hardware is released. Thanks to all.
    (tried to post link, but I don't have enough posts)
    btravelen... until you get enough posts under your belt to post links, you can post by simply removing the "http://" from the beginning of the link.
    Thanks Again
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I've been up for upgrade since June 6th but I can't lose webOS or my touchstones so I wait. I'm getting impatient, but not enough to buy an android.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I really really really want to wait for a new palm phone but my current Pre is just falling apart on me. The power button broke a few months ago but Sprint fixed that for me. Now the volume buttons are broke and I can only turn volume up or down on the good days. I have a feeling I will be going Epic 4g when it's released. I have my upgrade since July 1st and $200 waiting in a special phone savings. If palm says something, Anything, by the time that's released I might wait it out but I highly doubt it.
    I'm under a 3 year contract, with 2 years 1month, and 2 days left, but will upgrade whenever my phone stops working, or when i see something significantly better. I want a 4inch screen, dual core cpu. 1gb of ram, and i'm buying it out of contract.. if it's only a 1ghz single core cpu, 3.5inch screen, and 512mb of ram, then i'm sticking to my overclocked pre until hp, or someone else releases something that interests me.
    Who will new hardware be exclusive to? Sprint? Will another year wait be in line for Verizon? hmmmnnn....
  15.    #35  
    I don't think there will be a webos 2.0 and webos 2.0 plus. I think they will be all the same across the board. I mean I'm a sprint user and I don't want to get screwed again when it comes to pre and pre plus...
    Looking forward to a new phone and not sure how long my present unit will hold up with all the times I drop it falling too sleep with it in my hand.

Actually, my Pre has held up pretty well, protected by screen guard (sand on the floor has been a big problems), and Otterbox case (the best case and I've used many). Still looking forward to new hardware and other options in a new phone! Sorli...
    Since I just got a replacement Pre less than a week ago and its working far better than my original one Im good to go for awhile I hope. I love WebOS and the cards. Gaming is amazing and it just fits for me 100%. I play with my Moms Samsung and know Blackberry very well and the experience is nothing like WebOS. Ill easily wait until next Summer or when this one craps out. Not saying Im not tempted when new things come out but I cant imagine leaving WebOS. That being said I would LOVE some little ray of hope saying ok here it is, this is what it looks like, this is the hardware, this is what it does, this is the date you can buy it....simply so I can look forward to it and pace until that buy date comes lol!

Melissa
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I bought one of the Palm Pre's on the day it came out and it has been working every since with only one problem during an software upgrade. I love WebOS and will wait for the new Pre or whatever the name will be. I was eligible for the $150 upgrade in June and will hold out till the end of the year to see what develops. I would hope that they do not wait until then as Windows 7 will divert attention from the Palm offering. If they will wait till then they will loose interest from other that have not had a Palm Product in the past.

I have always had a Palm since there Palm Pilots and know they make a great product. Let's hope that the hardware will be here soon.
    I'm out of contract at the end of October. I just played with a friends Droid the other day, and I know it's an old version of Android, but I can't imagine it's come far enough to compete with WebOS. The Pre is just so easy! I think I'm willing to wait until the end of the year, but after that I'll be looking at the iPhone since I have nothing but Mac's at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjin View Post
    I'm out of contract at the end of October. I just played with a friends Droid the other day, and I know it's an old version of Android, but I can't imagine it's come far enough to compete with WebOS. The Pre is just so easy! I think I'm willing to wait until the end of the year, but after that I'll be looking at the iPhone since I have nothing but Mac's at home.
    While apple makes good products, I hate them as a company. I'm not saying i'll never buy it, actually if the ipad was slightly modified I would of bought it, but I prefer not buying their products.

Unlike most people, I actually like google, don't agree with everything they do, but for a company valued at over 200 billion, they're not bad.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast