1.    #1  
    Okay,
    So I'm an original Pre owner, with my original first-week Sprint Pre.

It's done well, been dropped a few too many times, and I'm getting a bit fed up with all the calls that Sprint drops.

I'm hesitant to go out and move to a Verizon Pre Plus just to find out a week later that there's a new one coming out, and I won't be able to upgrade without shelling some serious $$$

But I've been waiting weeks and weeks and weeks...

So, should I bite the bullet, buy a Plus on Verizon (which probably won't drop lots of calls) and just shut up and pay when/if the new version comes out, or sit tight?
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    It depends on how serious the drop call issue is. If it's a significant impact to your day-to-day life, then maybe you should just switch. If it's just an annoyance; I would wait. Verzon plans cost a lost more than Sprint and didn't they just hike their ETF?

Me, personally, I could hang tight for another year if need be. Just haven't seen anything out there that I want to leave my Pre for (Sprint here too). Plus, I am not a heavy app, phone, anything user; so it's an easy decision for me. My Pre does everything (and more) than what I need. Happy as a clam.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhengen View Post
    Okay,

It's done well, been dropped a few too many times, and I'm getting a bit fed up with all the calls that Sprint drops.

I'm hesitant to go out and move to a Verizon Pre Plus just to find out a week later that there's a new one coming out, and I won't be able to upgrade without shelling some serious $$$

So, should I bite the bullet, buy a Plus on Verizon (which probably won't drop lots of calls) and just shut up and pay when/if the new version comes out, or sit tight?
    Dude... seriously? Did you really post asking a forum full of complete strangers to make your decisions for you? Weigh the pros and cons... be an adult... and decide what you are gonna do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Dude... seriously? Did you really post asking a forum full of complete strangers to make your decisions for you? Weigh the pros and cons... be an adult... and decide what you are gonna do.
    Yes the OP did and you really should post a thought about what you would do in the same situation. Maybe next time. Get some dinner and relax. Take a deep breath. I look forward to your next post.

I agree with tsnum4. If the issue of dropped calls is really bad then go for it. Beyond that stay. Another option you have is to find a used Verizon phone and get their service without a contract. Then when a new WebOS phone comes out you can get it with a new 2-yr. Question though, are you not still in a contract with the Pre for another 10-11 mos?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Where I live verizon drops a lot more than sprint.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Ur going to move to a Plus this late in the game? U can switch and cancel within 30 days with most carriers. So question is do u think that they'll launch the new device on Verizon 1st? Are u sure Verizon would be any better in ur area? Could it possibly be ur phone?
    You don't need to repost with the answers, just think about it and make ur own decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhengen View Post
    Okay,

an

Perhaps you should take more advantage of the roam
    option. I have Sprint and if my Pre drops 2 calls in a Month, that's a lot. Also if you haven't lately, open the phone menu > Preferences > Update Network Settings and Update PRL. Your PRL should be at 60668, you can check it in Device Info under More Info.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    I have had sprint off and on for about 6 years and can count on 1 hand how many calls were droped so maybe it depends on were you live.