Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After reading the various ways HP plans to leverage its relationships through different systems that will allow them to reach businesses and consumers, I think it is very important the next device(s) have a screen b/w 3.5-40 (my preference 3.7).

1. The market has accepted this as the norm ie; Iphone, Android phones

2. The bigger screen makes doing things SOOO much nicer; web experience, etc
    My priority is front facing camera, 1GHz+ CPU, 1G RAM, high resolution display, others are all secondary.
  3.    #3  
    Clevin, all those things are great amongest many others, but in my opinion I think its VERY important for the Pre 2 to have a bigger screen with all the goodies.

If we get all the goodies with a 3.1 inch screen, that wouldnt bold well since the market says bigger is better, and it will make viewing way easier to do corporate things until you get back to your computer or the PalmPad!
    I'm pretty sure we will see a 4" screen on the next Pre.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Personally I love the smaller screen of the Pre and it's smooth corners that allow it fit and slide in/out of my pocket easily. So, for me personally, I'd like to see the screen stay smaller, but I think that in order for the next Palm phone to be more competitive with the the Android phones and iPhone, the screen has to be bigger than on the current Pre.
    Agree , everyone has a different personal opinion and preference on the screen size and for some the small PRE screen is awesome but in order to be competiive and atleast try to sell more units they have to follow what is selling and thats the 3-4 inch screens +. Also needs the hot "extras" of the day like a front face camera etc.Again some people may hate it but its what you need if you want to keep sales competitive.
    HP will most likely bring out several different models. They will bring out a larger screen and also keep the Pixi size. There will also be a model or two in between. HP knows that customers like choice and they will want to capitalize on that so don't worry, we will see a larger screen.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Well, they can release a 3.5, 4, 4.3, 5, 10" devices, I don't really care. What I want is an updated device with current Pre's size, both my hand and my pocket love that size.
    I don't think we will see a pixie size. I think we will see a little bigger pre and a slab
    Personally a phone with a 4"+ touchscreen would be nice, (I had an Evo for awhile and loved the screen size), a crazy high resolution, maybe a 5.x megapixel camera with amazing quality, (Evo had 8mp but the quality sucked.), a front facing camera of maybe 1.3+ mp, 720 or even 1080 HD Video, 1.x GHz, 1GB RAM, microSD card slot, better battery & battery life and maybe a keyboard that slides out from the size instead of up & down with nice big keys. That would be my dream phone!!
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/23/2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    My priority is , dual core 1ghz+ CPU, 1G+ RAM, high resolution display,BIgger screen, More internal storage, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger battery,front facing camera and a few more things i can't quite remember

slightly modified to make my list..
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Personally a phone with a 4"+ touchscreen would be nice, (I had an Evo for awhile and loved the screen size), a crazy high resolution, maybe a 5.x megapixel camera with amazing quality, (Evo had 8mp but the quality sucked.), a front facing camera of maybe 1.3+ mp, 720 or even 1080 HD Video, 1.x GHz, 1GB RAM, microSD card slot, better battery & battery life and maybe a keyboard that slides out from the size instead of up & down with nice big keys. That would be my dream phone!!
    You do realize you just described the samsung epic hardware to a T right ? If only it ran WebOS it would be my dream phone. Might still have to go with it unless palm/hp anounces something before the release of the Epic.
    +1
    Just remember, the bigger the screen, the faster the battery drain.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

The drain of the battery by the screen is insignificant, that's why Pixi battery drains almost as fast as the Pre.
    I don't think they'll go bigger than the iPhone 4 and landscape keyboards are atrocious. I would rather have a portrait keyboard and VKB for landscape than the other way around.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Just played with a droid x. 4.3 is a great size. I'd love to play with webos on a screen like that.
    If they could cram a 4+" screen with the form factor of the current Pre, they would have a contender in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I don't think they'll go bigger than the iPhone 4 and landscape keyboards are atrocious. I would rather have a portrait keyboard and VKB for landscape than the other way around.
    +1 on the lameness of a horizontal keyboard. Every time someone brings it up I cringe at the thought.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by unomile View Post
    If they could cram a 4+" screen with the form factor of the current Pre, they would have a contender in my book.
    No way, but if they shrink down the gesture area and bump the top and sides out 1/8" or so, they could get a bit more real estate. I hope they launch a 3.5" Pre2 and a 4+" slab to cover all the market. And make all other things equal rather than having a great form factor with crippled specs like the Pixi.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast