Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
    2002 - Compaq, I don't see that brand on their website anymore
    Compaq is still alive and well, at least in the UK. We can still get Compaq laptops, even got an email about a special offer on one this morning.

I don't see the Palm brand disappearing. I just see it becoming more of a product-line name. IE HP Palm Pre

What I would hate to see though, is rather than naming the phones, they just use numbers. IE HP Palm 1122 etc. etc.

I think you'd be misguided to think that HP wouldn't re-brand the phones to HP, but I doubt they'd get rid of Palm entirely. Just my 2 cents.
    Wow .... much ado about nothing .... face it ... in an ever changing world of technology that we live in, what we see now is not necessarily what we'll see in 20 years. I do not lament the fact that there are no commodore 64's anymore, no IBM 486's anymore. I have a good phone, right now for the moment, chances are by this time next year, (due to my horrible track record of losing, wrecking phones) I'll have something different (but hopefully not ) I really didn't buy my phone because it said PALM on it so much as I was anti-Apple, and liked what I saw as far as capabilities at the time ( oya was also free with my contract, which at the time I was unemployed, was a big contributing factor )
    As someone who is an intermediate user of technology and will be purchasing a pre shortly I think we should give HP the benefit of the doubt. You can't start and stop a huge aircraft carrier on a dime like a speedboat, the same goes with a large corporation like HP. Just give them some time to come out with new hardware and see how they sell and support it. It's much to soon to begin labeling them as the evil empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstractPhoenix View Post
    Compaq is still alive and well, at least in the UK. We can still get Compaq laptops, even got an email about a special offer on one this morning.

I don't see the Palm brand disappearing. I just see it becoming more of a product-line name. IE HP Palm Pre

What I would hate to see though, is rather than naming the phones, they just use numbers. IE HP Palm 1122 etc. etc.

I think you'd be misguided to think that HP wouldn't re-brand the phones to HP, but I doubt they'd get rid of Palm entirely. Just my 2 cents.
    HP still sells the Compaq brand here in USA. I think you are right where they will sell phones labels as HP Palm etc.... After all HP has done this with compaq and brand image does mean alot to companys :-P Alot of people my think otherwise but complete lines of clothing, jewelery, and etc... wouldn't have made any sell if they keep changing the brand. Now adding just the HP to the palm brand isn't going to hurt the brand. Also since HP is a larger brand then Palm the HP Palm brand makes perfect sense.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12