16 24.62%
  • Treo 800w

1 1.54%
  • Treo Pro

2 3.08%
  • I Didnt Own A Treo

10 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    750w...best Windows Mobile phone I ever used....the considerate touches of Palm on a WM phone...
    The 650 was ahead of its time when it was released. People forget Handspring (prior to merging with Palm) basically created the smartphone segment and there was nothing as advanced in the market at the time. I had more fun hacking and using my old 650 than any other Palm device till the Pre. Anyone remember the shadomite wifi hacking thread on T|C? The 650 was the device that basically made treocentral what it was...

However one device that I fondly remember the most is the old treo 300. It was just so clunky, limited and geeky looking... good times...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    FYI, I like you poll but it's too smartphone prejudiced. I know a lot of old time Palm pda users who swear by the Tungsten 3 as the best device they ever owned!

I personally recall lusting for the the Sony Clie UX50 series. I always thought that form factor would have made an awesome phone...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Couldn't think of a phone (my GSM Centro wasn't that great, keeps resetting), but my best device was it was a CLIE PEG-T650C (Japanese version of the T665).

I regret up to this day for selling it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I LOVED my Treo 650, it was my first smart phone and it blew me away with the mods and hacks available (and brought me to T|C as well.
    I also really dug my 800w, as much as it pained me to move away from the OS, the form factor and keyboard were great. I walked around like Ari Gold with that device attached to my hand...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    The 650 was bulletproof, (and , for me, a submarine!), and the Centro worked (software-wise, better).

I still (have to), use my Centro as an audiobook reader, (audible: you s u c k ! get a webOS audiobook reader app done, you weasels.), and nightstand clock/mp3 player... and the 650 still works, too.

Also, have a Handspring Treo 90 PDA

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Handspring, (which sold the "Visor" line of PDA's, and the Treo 90 / 300/600), founded by the former creator, (and ceo of Palm) of the Palm pilot?

Palm screwed themselves up so badly with all that Palm, Palm1, (or was it PalmOne), splitting the company up hardware / software wise... Almost as poorly managed as the Amiga debacle in the 1980's, early 90's. whoa, waaay off-topic sorry... ;-)
    The TX. No other Palm device even comes close in terms of features, software and overall quality. It was the anti-LifeDrive. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    i had several 755p's after having a 650 for 2 years. i found it to be made less sturdy and had tons of glitches with the billions of $$'s of apps i had on 650.

im willing to bet those voting on 755p didnt have 650 first?

of course, if i never had the 755p i would never have had the instinct to invest in palm, hoping they were making a 'sorry the 755p has been such crap' replacement, and wouldnt have earned several hundred dollars on my small $100 investment in just a couple months. the announcement of the pre at the ces con way back when took stock thru roof. then after i sold 50% to purchase my pre the stock dropped back from $18 to $3.50 or so and when i knew hp was buying them i bought more and then earned more money when the takeover came into effect. hp paid all the palm stockholders for the stocks we held and then palm stock got removed from stock listings.

so theres always a bright side to everything isnt there? :P
    though your stock acumen can't be faulted -- your opinions regarding Treos can.

I began w/ a Treo 180, moved to a 650, then a 755p -- which I still use.

The 650 had tons of hardware issues -- most infamously with the speaker phone, headset switch etc.

volumecare made a bunch of money addressing it.

I'm "stuck" with my $30/mo. unlimited Sprint Sero plan -- which means I can't upgrade phones -- but thankfully my 755p has been quite robust (jinxing myself, no doubt ...)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12