Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Freshly posted on the Examiner website, apparently an insider tip has confirmed the use of a Wacom type pen on the PalmPad, similar to the ones used in the HP TM series notebooks.

HP webOS 'PalmPad' tablet will have digital pen

I am very much in favor of this, as I've really wanted a pen for use in applications that require precision, such as ScummVM, and it would make for a great drawing piece, maybe even tempt Adobe to make a PhotoShop port for it!
    I too would like to see this. As was said in the article "That means the webOS tablet--unlike the iPad--will be an actual tablet. You will be able to take handwritten notes on it and easily search your notes."
    Ding- Ding. The battle might be on soon.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Stylus??? noooo
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    my piggy bank is counting the days till her inevitable death by hammer.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Stylus??? noooo
    Read the article, "the webOS tablet will have a screen that recognizes a wacom pen while functioning as a capacitive touchscreen. "

So the pen will be a secondary input not primary.
    You won't have to bother, this is a sign HP will make this tablet garbage.
    I think this is a good thing myself.

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll still play games.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Read the article, "the webOS tablet will have a screen that recognizes a wacom pen while functioning as a capacitive touchscreen. "

So the pen will be a secondary input not primary.
    I know..still. Its a good idea though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!

So happy! This is the best thing for me! (student)!

How can you not be happy?

ITS OPTIONAL

It won't be needed for the UI, it i'll just be there for some apps that can take advantage of it if they want.
    This is not an attach on anyone.
    There were those that said "NO!" to a mouse as an addition to a keyboard. Still today, most task can be done on a keyboard but the mouse allows "additional" things to be done.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    it adds better functionality and more capabilities? what could be the downfall of that? hp tx even has a little hole in it for a keyring or whatever i have mine attached to the kensinton i lost ALOT of styluses, so i wasn't about to loose that one. some programs i could not imagine trying to only use my finger, which is fat. and to have to zoom in to hit something accurately? no thanks. give me the pen, let me do handwriting, give me the functionality of my pilot. lets finally have what we thought we were getting with the pre, new cool palm awesomeness and palmOS abilities.
    we still don't even have an official text editor yet? how could that get into corporate America? if the pre had the abilities of palmOS with webOS smoothness and intuitiveness then it WOULD have been the iphone killer.
    for the palm pad to truely be a hit, it has to be everything the ipad is, and everything everyone thought it should be. it should have you at hello. it should be ready for corporate America at launch. sorry that was a little long winded, not attacking you,i just have been thinking about it for awhile and figured it needed to be said on one of these palmpad threads
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Using Penultimate for the iPad, I can see this working but to me it's just another thing to lose.
  13.    #13  
    It would be funny/ironic if the PalmPad was what made webOS a hit, rather than the phone it was designed for in the first place.
    I think it gives more options for more people. If you don't like it don't use it but like the student and the business man it could come in handy. The business customer is a big part of HP. I think they are going to try to compete with RIM for the business consumer.
    I wonder how they are going to get around your hand resting on the screen while drawing/writing. Seems like it would confuse the hell out of the capacitive touchscreen.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I wonder how they are going to get around your hand resting on the screen while drawing/writing. Seems like it would confuse the hell out of the capacitive touchscreen.
    I gather that the pen uses a different technology, so I would imagine that you would select pen input and then the capacitive input would be ignored. Just my guess though.
    Looks like Graffiti will be back in our Palms...

Then potentially, their client list would include FedEx, DHL, UPS, the entire field of medicine from doctors to nurses to pharma agents... anyone who uses a clipboard or a notebook will be targeted (the list goes onnn).

Eh-frikkin'-gads.

Way to go H/Palm! I loooves ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    hp already jas this technoligy on the convertible tm2. No worries about your hand. Great machine.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    if the stylus works similar to this:
    (edit: damn i can't post links yet; go to engadget and paste this in the search box "Stylus capacitive pen is worthy of an oFace (video)")

then i can see it working really well as a tablet for using photoshop on.
    please, please, please pay Ms. To port onenote...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast