Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I wonder how they are going to get around your hand resting on the screen while drawing/writing. Seems like it would confuse the hell out of the capacitive touchscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    hp already jas this technoligy on the convertible tm2. No worries about your hand. Great machine.
    laingman piqued my interest with mention of the tm2, and my Googling turn up this on Youtube. Very interesting.

!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I love to sketch...a capacitive display with a proper wacom like digitizer would be sweeeeet.
    I still would rather have a keyboard than a pen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I want both keyboard and pen. Hope they make a convertible with webos, but it would need to have robust office editing capabilities to make it a useful device and not a toy like the ipad.
    You mean like a portrait slider?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i'd like both, but keyboard adds bulk, stylus doesn't..
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    i'd like both, but keyboard adds bulk, stylus doesn't..
    Yeah that's the big appeal with the tablets. The iPad is much smaller in person. Portability is probably the most important feature.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    A tablet needs to have VK for portablity reasons. Of course like the ipad, I hope they would make an external keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    A tablet needs to have VK for portablity reasons. Of course like the ipad, I hope they would make an external keyboard.
    I'm guessing that the keyboard would be bluetooth. With a bluetooth keyboard, VK and a pen, wow, that would be awesome. Is it for sale because I want one now.
    Adding a stylus would make development of graphic tools worthwhile.

How about using Photoshop, Illustrator or a 3D program with the built in camera, on a live photo layer?

Open a layer. Take a photo with your camera. Trace it. Sample colors and patterns. Cut pieces out to use as textures. Do it all in the app.

Take a video and step through it until you find the perfect still to use as a model.

Erase something in a photo. Activate the photo layer. Hold your tablet up and move it around on the scene until you find the perfect replacement for the hole. Snap and you have an ideal patch to use.

Does anything like that exist yet?

If you have ever modeled 3D, you know how challenging it is to line up and size a photo to use when building, or refining a model. I'd love to be able to open a live photo layer and move the camera around behind my model to get a good angle, then snap the photo.

Moving points with a stylus then zooming and rotating using fingers and multitouch would be awesome.
    anyone else stocked about the possibilities?

photographers could edit images.

animators could animate stuff (my vocabulary tells you how little i know about animation)

students could take notes

business users could do business stuff (again, i'm a student, who does some photography on the side, not sure what people with real jobs do :P)

Designers could draw with precision. You could have half of adobes product on there, wait a year for generation 2 hardware, and you could have the equivalent of an old version of premier.

The possibilities are endless, all we need is for hp to bribe Adobe, and beg Microsoft (you can't bribe MS). The truth is that both those companies would gain from palm being on top.. Microsoft is not going to make it in the tablet game anytime soon, and hp is the only one with a great relationship with Ms.. Plus no conflict of interest. Adobe would prefer a tablet with flash to be on top, then the ipad, and I want software from both those companies!
    Math, Engineering and teaching:

Create a text conversion program that can recognize math and engineering symbols. Hand write an equation, then use the CPU to process the answer.

Face the class and write on the tablet that is mirrored on a large monitor or projected onto the white board. It would be saveable. You could start a new page and flip back and forth.

How many teachers would love to be able to open a video window or prepared diagram on the white board? They could flip to a full page prepared ahead of time.

A geometry teacher could add shapes as images instead of drawing them each time. They could turn on straight lines, or a line smoother to make their drawings cleaner.

A teacher could write by hand on the tablet/whiteboard and have it converted in real time with a text converter (and use spell check also ).

If the teacher was really generous, they could save the white board pages they created during class, and share the file with students.
    Our math/science teachers have been getting windows tablet laptops for about two years now, And there so big, slow, ugly,expansive, and dell.(see what i did there)... A 500 dollar palmpad would be an amazing alternative.. Most of them use onenote, (not all teachers have them yet).

The teachers never use the keyboard, so i'd work just fine. They could also buy a $10 dollar keyboard for the side.. Which i'll be even easier, cause teachers won't have to open the laptop and rotate the screen each time they want to type a url, or something.
    If they do release a tablet with stylus input, they will have failed and Steve Jobs would probably take back his software compliment.
    If they do release a tablet with stylus input, they will have failed and Steve Jobs would probably take back his software compliment.
    hahaha!
    We are talking optional additional stylus here, and on that basis we'll have to agree to disagree. Didn't you look at the video I linked earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    We are talking optional additional stylus here, and on that basis we'll have to agree to disagree. Didn't you look at the video I linked earlier?
    he's not serious, he's making reference to Steve jobs post, where he said if you make a stylus you've failed..

And he's ofcourse also making reference to Steve jobs giving palm props on webos.
    Yeah they should be in CONSTANT CONTACT with Adobe on this one. It should be a killer feature if the PalmPad (still getting used to the name) is to compete with the iPad, since Apple has virtually closed its doors on Adobe.

I always imagined a case for a tablet that can also serve as a keyboard. Imagine a leather top cover with rubber tactile keys underneath for a keyboard. That should add too much bulk.
    PalmPad (still getting used to the name)

same... maybe if i keep saying it: palmpad, palmpad, palmpad...
    Thanks for the link to the YouTube video. That is way cool! Can't wait...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast