Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I found this interesting, I think all of us Palm fans will too!

Take care,

Jay

WebOS tablet from HP to be called ‘Palmpad’?

WebOS tablet from HP to be called ‘Palmpad’?

When HP picked up Palm it was clear that they aren’t just looking at the Pre (smartphones). They are interested in the awesome software poweress of Palm and WebOS is exactly what they wanted on the Slate. So out goes Android / Windows 7 and in comes the Palm WebOS. So after promises and hopes of a WebOS tablet and other gizmos, it seems we have some hint on whats cooking over at HP-Palm.

Crunchgear reports that HP has applied for a trademark that reads ‘PALMPAD’. Its a no-brainer that this would be the HP tablet powered by the Palm team. But is the final name of this tablet the Palmpad? or just one of the many names HP is securing to play around with? Nevertheless we are excited for sure!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I like the name. The next version of it could be called the 'Palm Pad Plus'.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    HP Pad sounds better.
    i like the "Slate" name better, but whatevs. as long as PALMPAD isnt blasted anywhere on the front of the device, i dont care.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    "I need you to bring me the HP Pad"
    "What? Bring you the pee pad?"
    "No, the HP Pad...you know, the iPad"
    lol
    Like the name - hope it will get some good publicity as an alternative to the iPad.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I don't need no pads thanks.

HP Slate has a bit of originality and I don't see HP leaving out their name, which would after all be more marketable.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I like it.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Other touch screens devices with "Pad" in the name:
    • WePad(now WeTab)
    • Asus EeePad
    • Lenovo IdeaPad
    • Lenovo ThinkPad
    • MSI WindPad
    • Crunch Pad
    • NPad
    • MSI WindPad
    • iiView Vpad
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Maybe they are doing this to take the name out of circulation.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    hope all these 'pads' can handle a heavy flow of data...

sorry in advance
    I will stick with my "Palm PilotHD"
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    hope all these 'pads' can handle a heavy flow of data...

sorry in advance
    LOL! Well played, sir!
    I called it WAYYYYYYY back when. Well ok, a few of us did. I will be one of the first in line for a PalmPad with WebOS. There are times that I would just like something smaller for the quick on the go hops yet more real estate than a smartphone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    HP Pad sounds better.
    are you SERIOUS? You want to drop the palm name? Lovely.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Not many people realise, but everyone stole 'pad' from Apple. IBM, using a Time Capsule stolen from Apple, travelled backwards in time to use the 'pad' name.
  17.    #17  
    HI all,

How about Palmpad from HP? This uses both names effectively!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Good one Jay, but don't forget PalmPad from HPPPPPP....Palm as Apple may stutter. lol
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Yeah... if you don't want it to succeed call it HP whatever.
    I like the idea of PalmPad as a brand name, but I do hope that they use Hurricane for the model, much better ring to it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast