Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I pray to God this is the new Device...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it was 4.0 inches I'd buy that like no tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    This is a mock up from a member here at Precentral. Has been posted several times.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I really want a slab style device and another with a keyboard so there's a choice, HPalm should try releasing a line of WebOS phones that are powerful
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I like the basic concept of this dream machine - but I'd like to see the LED come back. I like being able to just watch for it to pulse to know I have something to look at, without interrupting what I am doing with patients. may not be as sexy as an Android brick, but very useful.

and on that topic - I'll pass on carrying bricks in my pocket. that's one of the things I like about the Palm Pre! I would like an updated screen though. My wife's Samsung Acclaim Android phone definitely has better clarity. Also, I like the auto-focusing camera for bar-code reading.

Hope HPalm is listening....
    definitely autofocus, I went looking for an app like shopsavvy and none scanned the barcode and had to take out the wifes hero to do what I needed to do. and I am CHEAP, ao I need to do it all the time. lol

Ill take the non kb version please, as long as the screen is big enough (4+")
    Repost from several other posts.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Snapdragon will be outdated in the next month...
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Thats what im saying. I'd be ticked off if it came with a snapdragon. Now that they are rolling with HP they should put some good R&R into a high end processor and display. Mainly so they can shut Apple up about there screen.

And I dont think they will have a 4.x inch screen at all but thats just IMO
    Last edited by ChillHill; 07/19/2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Since when is p i ssed a "bad word" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Definitely, they should OMAP4 it up or use something that's not on the market yet. Some high profile processor that's going to trump the Snapdragon.

With the rate of OC'ing on the Pre they'll need a 2GHz haha (I'm not being serious).

The dual core Snapdragon would surprise the shi* out of people too.
    The snapdragon doesn't have the GPU power that palm needs since they are pushing gaming in a very big way. Something like a 1.2GHz hummingbird would be really nice to see on the next phone since that has the graphics chip more in line to handle the PDK stuff that palm is pushing so hard.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    I vote for omap 4...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I vote for omap 4...
    at this point i honestly just want a new device. Hey HPalm I want to give you my money so put out new product already
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    with out the keyboard....sweet.
    i pray to god it isnt. snapdragon is old tech.

but a magnesium alloy body would make me cream my pants. i dont want a plastic phone.
    I'll take anything... As long as it's running webos operating system. Loving the look!
    i think people just need to be patient a little bit, cuz we all kno the next phone is gonna be AMAZING... come on, hp, leader in pc manufacturing with AMAZING hardware in their products bought palm, so its only gonna b a matter of time b4 we see this next great thing, but we're gonna have to wait a little while because they r buying all of the small things that r gonna add up to an overall experience(like with on the homepage of precentral with the job listing at palm for a senior tech for video conferencing). besides that point, we may not kno what to expect, but all of hps expertese in the field and years R&D'ing hardware, we can only expect that they kno they r gonna start out the phone line with a boom. right now i feel its just the wait for the next big webos formfactor, and while they iron out all the details for the next big release, im sure that is what we r waiting on.
    about the patience, its hard when the phone I got in my pocket was announced 18 months ago and probably rumored long before.

theres not even a rumor that Ive read about what the next webos phone is gonna be.

with android, I get my evo, and then the vibrant launches on TMO, so maybe the epics coming soon to sprint...

if your on verizon you just get the incredible and not the droid x is released... you have never ending options. of course there is more than one manufacturer producing android phones, but even if you only consider one manufacturer, say HTC, you have the aria, evo, incredible, mytouch slide, legend, desire, mytouch, hero, eris, N1, etc... ALL out since the pre came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt02 View Post
    about the patience, its hard when the phone I got in my pocket was announced 18 months ago and probably rumored long before.

theres not even a rumor that Ive read about what the next webos phone is gonna be.

with android, I get my evo, and then the vibrant launches on TMO, so maybe the epics coming soon to sprint...

if your on verizon you just get the incredible and not the droid x is released... you have never ending options. of course there is more than one manufacturer producing android phones, but even if you only consider one manufacturer, say HTC, you have the aria, evo, incredible, mytouch slide, legend, desire, mytouch, hero, eris, N1, etc... ALL out since the pre came out.

my palm pre works fine, have it modded with kernals and patches to better suit my needs... i dont need anything, yes i would like to have new hardware especially since im on my 5th pre, but o well, thats the way the cookie crumbles, and i can wait another few months if need b.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmleonar View Post
    my palm pre works fine, have it modded with kernals and patches to better suit my needs... i dont need anything, yes i would like to have new hardware especially since im on my 5th pre, but o well, thats the way the cookie crumbles, and i can wait another few months if need b.
    Not going to lie my paitience as a gadget ***** is waining thin. If webOS wasn't the hands down best mobile OS I honestly would have jumped ship by now. Luckily for HPalm they have the best software available. They really do need to get something out soon or else there will be no catching up with the android train.

What palm should do is not focus on specs and just get hardware that can run webOS the way it needs to be run. Like what apple is doing with the iphone 4. Trying to win the specs race is a losing battle against the onslaught of android phones, but having an amazing OS that runs stutter free and w/o lag or slowdown would for sure grab a lot of attention

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast