Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I wonder why everyone is brainwashed into believe that Snapdragon (current gen) is better and the only existent SoC?!

My wishlist would be:

Hardware
    - 4.0" - 4.3" FWVGA+ capacitive screen (bezel used to a minimum), AMOLED, or Super AMOLED.
    - OMAP 4440 clocked @ 1GHz+ (has to be powerful if WebOS still doesn't support GPU acceleration)
    - 1GB+ RAM (DDR2), 1GB+ ROM.
    - 32GB+ internal storage with microSD slot (up to 32GB).
    - HSPA+ and CDMA chip; one model for all carriers.
    - 8MP+ camera with Dual LED, great camera features (ie White Balance, smile/blink detection,etc), video capture up to 1080p; lens protector (something like the SE Satio)
    - Front-facing camera with "open" code of FaceTime
    - Dual/Triple Mic, one for noise cancellation, one for calls, and the other one for video recording.
    - Portrait slide-out keyboard with Motorola Charm key-layout; dream would be to have landscape and portrait slide-out keyboards...
    - Digital compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, FM tuner, etc...
    - HD FM Radio with RDS
    - 3.5mm jack with TV-out
    - HDMI (mini to have more internal space)
    - (Dual?) Micro-SIM slot (to have more internal space)
    - WiFi b/g/n
    - USB host (like that on the N8)
    - BT 4.0
    - USB 3.0 / micro USB
    - GPS
    - LED notification light or trackball
    - Backside stand to watch movies, set to be used as an alarm, or to have video calls/conferencing
    - 1500mAh+ battery
    - No plastic materials, or at least hard-type plastic, anodized aluminum?
    - Thin, around 10mm (iPhone 4 is 9.3mm so it can't be that thin since it would have a slide-out) to 13mm (Motorola Milestone/Droid is around 14mm)

The OS needs a lot of revamp (ie GPU acceleration, more APIs to work with, etc). It would all depend on which carrier you would want , the battle of which carrier is the best would rely on this one device.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    I wonder why everyone is brainwashed into believe that Snapdragon (current gen) is better and the only existent SoC?!

My wishlist would be:

Hardware
    - 4.0" - 4.3" FWVGA+ capacitive screen (bezel used to a minimum), AMOLED, or Super AMOLED.
    - OMAP 4440 clocked @ 1GHz+ (has to be powerful if WebOS still doesn't support GPU acceleration)
    - 1GB+ RAM (DDR2), 1GB+ ROM.
    - 32GB+ internal storage with microSD slot (up to 32GB).
    - HSPA+ and CDMA chip; one model for all carriers.
    - 8MP+ camera with Dual LED, great camera features (ie White Balance, smile/blink detection,etc), video capture up to 1080p; lens protector (something like the SE Satio)
    - Front-facing camera with "open" code of FaceTime
    - Dual/Triple Mic, one for noise cancellation, one for calls, and the other one for video recording.
    - Portrait slide-out keyboard with Motorola Charm key-layout; dream would be to have landscape and portrait slide-out keyboards...
    - Digital compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, FM tuner, etc...
    - HD FM Radio with RDS
    - 3.5mm jack with TV-out
    - HDMI (mini to have more internal space)
    - (Dual?) Micro-SIM slot (to have more internal space)
    - WiFi b/g/n
    - USB host (like that on the N8)
    - BT 4.0
    - USB 3.0 / micro USB
    - GPS
    - LED notification light or trackball
    - Backside stand to watch movies, set to be used as an alarm, or to have video calls/conferencing
    - 1500mAh+ battery
    - No plastic materials, or at least hard-type plastic, anodized aluminum?
    - Thin, around 10mm (iPhone 4 is 9.3mm so it can't be that thin since it would have a slide-out) to 13mm (Motorola Milestone/Droid is around 14mm)

The OS needs a lot of revamp (ie GPU acceleration, more APIs to work with, etc). It would all depend on which carrier you would want , the battle of which carrier is the best would rely on this one device.

I would rather see a xenon flash over dual LED and as much as I love AMOLED (I've had a cowon S9 for 2 years now) I think a high end LCD will do as long as it's got a high enough pixel density. Some of the things you are calling for are just beyond my dreams of what we could expect (HSPA+ and CDMA radio). Others should have been implemended in the first place (1500mAh+ battery. Personally I don't see the need of USB 3.0 at the moment, the phone doesn't have synching software so I personally rarely hook it up to my PC unless I am installing something. What I would rather see is HP develop a cable free sync setup. You have a media studio on your computer or even web based and you can drop music and video clips into it and it's automatically synched to your phone. That would be something that would get a lot of buzz even it was only able to sync over wifi

also I think GPU support in the OS is coming in the fall update.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    3.5-3.7in 800x480 LCD screen
    1ghz processor
    16-32GB internal storage and microSD support
    5MB camera and 720p video capture
    Portrait slider or no slider

Give me these and I'd be happy for 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vopro View Post
    3.5-3.7in 800x480 LCD screen
    1ghz processor
    16-32GB internal storage and microSD support
    5MB camera and 720p video capture
    Portrait slider or no slider

Give me these and I'd be happy for 2 years.
    800x480 will not be a good res to upgrade to. PDK apps would scale horribly.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    really man, youd be happy with a ghz? It's got to be something game changing. 2ghz QUAD CORE. with 3d capabilities. and a projector.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    I would rather see a xenon flash over dual LED and as much as I love AMOLED (I've had a cowon S9 for 2 years now) I think a high end LCD will do as long as it's got a high enough pixel density. Some of the things you are calling for are just beyond my dreams of what we could expect (HSPA+ and CDMA radio). Others should have been implemended in the first place (1500mAh+ battery. Personally I don't see the need of USB 3.0 at the moment, the phone doesn't have synching software so I personally rarely hook it up to my PC unless I am installing something. What I would rather see is HP develop a cable free sync setup. You have a media studio on your computer or even web based and you can drop music and video clips into it and it's automatically synched to your phone. That would be something that would get a lot of buzz even it was only able to sync over wifi

also I think GPU support in the OS is coming in the fall update.
    The only problem with Xenon flash is that it takes too much space, and would mean:
    1) No slide-out keyboard
    2) Only touch screen

and/or

3) Very thick device
    4) Sacrifice of other hardware component (ie maybe change the 8MP camera to a 5MP camera, etc)

Yeah I high-end LCD (with IPS tech maybe) would be beneficiary I guess, although they aren't as good as AMOLED when it comes to power consumption, correct? Well, USB 3 has more power-efficiency and smaller design doesn't it? They could come up with a synching software later on, just give us the hardware to be unlocked via OTA . Moreover, some of us can use it as mass storage and drag-and-drop files in some way. You mean like WiFi/Bluetooth like transfer? That should be a good app to make. The HSPA+ and CDMA chip is already there somewhere.

Hopefully it is, or else BB OS 6 will catch up sooner than expected lol.
    Why does it have to be game changing? I'd be happy with 500mhz as long as everything ran smoothly and didn't take long times to start up. 1ghz seems to be the sweet spot, so I was just pulling a number out of my behind.

And maybe not 800x480, but at least twice the resolution now would be terrific. Don't really need any more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    The only problem with Xenon flash is that it takes too much space, and would mean:
    1) No slide-out keyboard
    2) Only touch screen

and/or

3) Very thick device
    4) Sacrifice of other hardware component (ie maybe change the 8MP camera to a 5MP camera, etc)

Yeah I high-end LCD (with IPS tech maybe) would be beneficiary I guess, although they aren't as good as AMOLED when it comes to power consumption, correct? Well, USB 3 has more power-efficiency and smaller design doesn't it? They could come up with a synching software later on, just give us the hardware to be unlocked via OTA . Moreover, some of us can use it as mass storage and drag-and-drop files in some way. You mean like WiFi/Bluetooth like transfer? That should be a good app to make. The HSPA+ and CDMA chip is already there somewhere.

Hopefully it is, or else BB OS 6 will catch up sooner than expected lol.
    I love AMOLED but right now they are in short supply and even Super AMOLED doesn't perform as well as the current LCD in the pre in direct sunlight and from the best of my knowledge are still pretty low res compared to what an IPS display can do. As of right now I don't think that any of the SOC used in phones have native USB 3.0 support so it would require additional hardware which is space that could be better used escpecially since USB 3.0 penetration isn't at critical mass yet to justify the feature.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123