Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    Then you should buy something else. A number of Pre users have done just that, and most of us don't blame them.
    I agree with this whole-heartedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    i dont want to leave webos ! in my opinion is the best operating system out there... but i will like a bigger screen and a diferent harware, also diferent color etc.
    I suspect that there will be several webOS devices announced soon...not just one....my guess is a Pixi-like replacement, Pre-like replacement, a slab (no keyboard) and a tablet.
    the next gen pre is already out and its called the pre plus
  4.    #24  
    the pre plus is just the pre for verizon and at&t its not the second generation...i dont think should call the pre 2 since is pretty much the same device..thank you..
    I wish something would come out soon because today my sprint pre had its first hardware problem (i bought in june of 2009). It's a doozy though since now I cannot hear incoming calls over the built in earpiece - I used my headphones to listen to internet radio for a while today and when I took them out, my phone was messed up. i have to switch it to speakerphone mode to make or receive calls. I'm hoping maybe i can use a bluetooth earpiece for the time being - I dont want to have to switch to an android phone. Android is pretty good and getting better but honestly I prefer WebOS and I actually really like the form factor of the Pre, even if it could use a better keyboard.
    There are a couple of solutions to this, including:
    - Cleaning out the connector, sometimes using a stripped Q-tip and sometimes plugging and unplugging the earphones numerous times
    - Unplug the headphones while the screen is on

I've been doing the latter religiously since the problem recurred for me about six weeks ago, and haven't had it happen again since.
    32 days 14 hours 17 minutes and 3 seconds.

There are so many of these threads... dont you think if we knew something concrete we would be talking about it instead of other phones, politics, woodland critters and eating at Joes?
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    I cant wait that longgggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need instant gratification?

I like my pre... always have. Lots of people use the same phone for years.
    i agree i dont think i can get use to any other os after using webOS...
    and hopefully by december they have one for sprint
    thats when i have my upgrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    There are a couple of solutions to this, including:
    - Cleaning out the connector, sometimes using a stripped Q-tip and sometimes plugging and unplugging the earphones numerous times
    - Unplug the headphones while the screen is on

I've been doing the latter religiously since the problem recurred for me about six weeks ago, and haven't had it happen again since.
    well I tried cleaning it out a couple of ways (canned air, electronic contact cleaner), i also tried inserting/unplugging the headphones probably a hundred times. But I did get it fixed a little while ago using my air compressor and a series of fittings attached to a football needle. I gave it a few pulses of high pressure air and after about 5 seconds the screen illuminated so i figured at that point i toggled the switch and sure enough, everything's good again.

ps: I wouldn't recommend the contact cleaner spray as somehow a little bit of it seems to have seeped to the backside of the lcd screen and created a slightly darkened spot. It happens to be in the same area where my pre has always had a yellow spot, so it's no big deal to me. actually the yellowness is gone - it's just on bright white screens you can see an area that's slightly darker than the rest of the screen (no more yellow "burn" though, interestingly)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12