1.    #1  
    I have read all the messages and I would like to know what is the bottom line difference between the 270 and the 300 besides carriers. I have a 270 on order from amazon...should I cancel it and get the 300?

True or False?

300 will not work with Mac (VERY IMPORTANT)
    300 has better screen
    300 sprint plans cost more ($70 to 80 month)
    300 data should be faster (is it?)
    300 sprint plans are 2 years
    300 battery shorter
    300 some dif funtions on buttons
    300 thicker

270 no GPRS till oct.
    voicestream cheaper plans
    ($55 month for 600 nationwide min /nights and week/)
    battery slightly better
    OTHER?

WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THIS LIST?
    WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Thanks, all constructive comments welcome...

Ideawizard
    I think you should base your decision not so much on the phone (mostly the same), but on the service provider and price. If Voicestream works well in your area, go for Voicestream. It's cheaper, and you get more minutes. You'll want to use more minutes with email and web access. In my area (Utah), Voicestream charges 50 bucks for 3,000 anytime minutes. It rocks. But their coverage is lousy in some other states/cities.

Also, you can get 500 SMS messages for about 3-5 bucks with Voicestream. I don't know about Sprint's prices.

If Voicestream doesn't work well in your area, go for Sprint.
    Sprint doesn't do SMS -- or rather, it can send but not receive SMS messages. You can send text messages to other SprintPCS users at [phonenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com, but that costs $0.15 per message, and is limited to SprintPCS phones.

That would be enough to make be switch to a 270, but in Southern California, Cingular's data calls are $0.15 per minute, on top of the $4.95 per month just to enable data.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    You don't need to enable the data services with Cingular in CA. Just get mywireless window. That way you'll get a flat fee, and your data minutes will come out of your normally allotted minutes.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    The most important is that the Treo 300 has true always on internet feature. As oppose to the non finished Treo 270, which everyone is still waiting for the stupid GPRS patch. Which seems like they are never going to release it!
    Originally posted by vmah
    The most important is that the Treo 300 has true always on internet feature. As oppose to the non finished Treo 270, which everyone is still waiting for the stupid GPRS patch. Which seems like they are never going to release it!
    What is your point? I saw your post on another thread and you seem to really dislike the T270. Now you wanna start a Treo300 vs. a Treo270 duel? If you haven't done so yet, go ahead and buy the T300 and leave the T270 alone. That's why Handspring came up with these two models so we have choices.

I like my Treo 270 very much, and I don't give a crap if the GPRS will ever come out. There are people out there, like me, that do not look forward to check the net and see all the violence, gloom and doom news that's going on in the world, or retrieving their business emails for that matter. So go on and enjoy your Treo 300 and spend your exciting life surfing the net on a 2"X2" screen! As for me I'm going out to surf the real stuff.
    Ed
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    in Southern California, Cingular's data calls are $0.15 per minute, on top of the $4.95 per month just to enable data.
    Hmm. I'm using Cingular with my 270 in Orange County. All of my so called "data" calls come out of my voice minutes. When I activated I just asked to have "wireless Internet" enabled.