Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No gesture area, so no
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Where's the keyboard?
    We need a bigger screen.
    Period.

http://forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/
    Bit bland. I'm hoping they design something a little nicer, plus I want a keyboard.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Where's the keyboard?
    Here ya go

http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/dat...m/ppwhite5.jpg
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    We need a bigger screen.
    Period.

http://forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/
    YES! We need a bigger screen. However, we don't need a bigger screen for the sake of a bigger screen. We need a bigger screen that fits the concept of WebOS Cards. A screen that will render the Cards vividly and won't look weird in either portrait or landscape. To me, the Palm Pre design was perfect for WebOS Cards. What they need to do is apply similar concept into designing the new WebOS hardware screen size.

iOS, and Android devices don't use Cards so their screen size and/or design could be whatever. But WebOS does use Cards and it's screen size and/or design is dependent upon how the Cards will fit and operate within the screen size.
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    YES! We need a bigger screen. However, we don't need a bigger screen for the sake of a bigger screen. We need a bigger screen that fits the concept of WebOS Cards. A screen that will render the Cards vividly and won't look weird in either portrait or landscape. To me, the Palm Pre design was perfect for WebOS Cards. What they need to do is apply similar concept into designing the new WebOS hardware screen size.

iOS, and Android devices don't use Cards so their screen size and/or design could be whatever. But WebOS does use Cards and it's screen size and/or design is dependent upon how the Cards will fit and operate within the screen size.
    Well, as is done with websites with regards to screen size, all they would have to do is program the cards to be a certain percentage of any screen size they use.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Well, as is done with websites with regards to screen size, all they would have to do is program the cards to be a certain percentage of any screen size they use.
    Agreed!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    Everyone seems to think the iPhone 4 hardware is the best mobile hardware
    Sorry but no, not everyone thinks that.
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Mix webOS with Apple...
    Let's call it the whyPhone.
    http://www.7post.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
    Meh... I dont find that to be an attractive phone at all... too much dead space around the screen. And it looks too much like a brick... and it looks like an iphone after all ya know? If I wanted an iphone Id buy an iphone...

Plus.... theres no physical keyboard... and no gesture area.

Oh... and wheres the button to make my coffee?
    yeah, not the best ever. i there was a nice chart comparing phones on engadget or somewhere, and the Evo had it beat basically everywhere except for screen.

i don't even like the look of any iPhones, or android phones. the buttons bug me. played with an Evo in the sprint store the other day, and i hated it. well, i hated android still. and the stupid buttons...
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'd like Palm webos on my Blakberry 9630 hardware. Mostly for the keyboard.
    i just threw up in my mouth
    But I like being able to hold m phone left handed when my right hand is busy and I need a nice firm grip on the phone...
    No physical keyboard, no gesture area.. no, just no!
    I wrote these ideas about a month ago:

BE FIRST: GREEN SMARTPHONE PROTECTS YOUR HEALTH NO RADIATION.
    Hardware:
    BE FIRST: 2GHZ DUAL CORE OR C2D PROCESSOR : JUST ASK FOR IT, CUSTOM MADE, ANY SUPPLIER.
    BE FIRST: VIDEO AND SLIDES PROJECTOR CAPABILITY. PROJECTION UP TO 20” SCREEN DISPLAY. CABLE WITH STAND DEVICE SUPPORT.
    Looks like someone was thinking ahead too:
    World’s First Smart Projector Phone Samsung Galaxy Beam

Worldwide Tech: World’s First Smart Projector Phone Samsung Galaxy Beam Makes Global Debut in Singapore with StarHub | News from SAMSUNG Electronics America, Inc.

BE FIRST : VIDEO CHAT CONFERENCE AND SMS (HOLOGRAPHIC TEXT MESSAGES) HOLOGRAMS? Holograma - www.dalealplay.com
    Holograma para IPHONE Video - sevenload
    Tu.tv - Videos de Ciencia y Tecnología - Video: Holograma de noticiero CNN

BE FIRST: 32GB ROM PLUS 32 GB SD CARD SLOT

BE FIRST: 14 MEGAPIXELS DIGITAL CAMERA WITH VIDEO RECORDING EDITABLE with Quantum film technology InVisage
    I wrote these ideas before HP came out the flexible display

BE FIRST: FRONT WEBCAM 2.0
    BR FIRST: BLUETOOTH 3.0 WITH A2DP
    BE FIRST: USB 3.0
    BE FIRST: DUAL WIMAX/LTE
    BE FIRST: ALLOWING 10 HOTSPOTS CONNECTIVITY
    BE FIRST: COPPER METAL SHELL or a New material.

RECOMMENDATIONS:
    BIGGER LED SCREEN DISPLAY
    DUAL GSM/CDMA
    WI-FI
    BE FIRST:2000 MAH BATTERY TO FIT IN A NEW HARDWARE DESIGN SHELL CUSTOM MADE.
    SOFTWARE:
    FLASH ADOBE PLAYER

DOCS TO GO OR QUICKOFFICE EDITABLE

Suggest you to watch this video as well:
    Last edited by akitayo; 07/18/2010 at 05:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast