Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, Jon said "this year". We may be waiting until December 31st lol.
    It might be released by the end of the year, but we will still be waiting another two months for the carriers to push it to our devices.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, Jon said "this year". We may be waiting until December 31st lol.
    LOL. If you based that off their release of 1.4.5, then you are right.

But with money now, they should be able to meet some type of deadline.
    How do we know if webOS 2.0 will be compatible with current Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+?
    I Got My Money On December 32nd 2010!
    --Marvin
    I'm sure it will be coming on new hardware.

I'm thinking we will see the tablet before Thanksgiving, in time for the shopping season.

The phone? I couldn't guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    It might be released by the end of the year, but we will still be waiting another two months for the carriers to push it to our devices.
    Yea so if Palm gives it to carriers in Fall we can expect to get the update in Winter and for Verizon users late winter or maybe early spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Yea so if Palm gives it to carriers in Fall we can expect to get the update in Winter and for Verizon users late winter or maybe early spring.
    Or Palm could release it to carriers December 31 and we'll get it early next year lol...

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    yeah agreed, no mention of autumn from Ruby yesterday. i assume it'll line up with a new device launch in time for christmas shopping season.
    Early November WebOS 2.0 comes out and hardware is announced

Late November Hardware is released
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    How do we know if webOS 2.0 will be compatible with current Pre/Pre+/Pixi/Pixi+?
    I hope that isn't the case, fragmentation at this point would be a big mistake.
    Clearly given their past track record, it'll be midnight of the very last day of the year to fall into "by end of this year" category.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I think you will see an announcement about webos with new hardware like Apple's. The announcement will come with the devices available very shortly afterwords for some carriers. Hopefully, Sprint will be picking it up quickly but I am not sure if they will have exclusivity as they are focused on the HTC 4G but we will see.
    If HP is smart they will release it on al major carriers at once and make the current hardware 2.0 too.

Fragmentation was the 1 thing eeping me from Andriod and if WebOS goes that route also it will be good be WebOS for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Fragmentation was the 1 thing eeping me from Andriod and if WebOS goes that route also it will be good be WebOS for me.
    Fragmentation is strangling Android. Every new phone released adds new hardware with a UI and system version that have to be supported and run it's own upgrade path.

Supporting all the OS versions, handsets, UIs, and Carrier flourishes will start becoming too much of a burden and pain for both developers and carriers.

Sales staff will start getting exhausted training on a new handset every 3 weeks. They probably get current customers in the store asking why their phone can't do that cool thing they saw the other Androids doing.

I expect Android phones to start falling out of favor with folks who have to support them soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12