1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

To those of you, who were worried that Palm/HP would abandon the Smart Phone business, here is proof that you worried for nothing!

Take care,

Jay

HP No Longer A Windows Phone 7 Launch Partner, Looks To Focus On Palm

By Matt Brian Follow Matt Brian on twitter on July 14th, 2010

An interesting observation by the guys at MobileTechWorld has suggested that computing giant HP will no longer be a Windows Phone 7 launch partner, if slides presented by Steve Ballmer at the Microsoftís Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC 2010) are to be believed.

Back in February, Microsoft annonced a list of manufacturers and carriers that would support Windows Phone 7 Series: HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Dell, HP, Toshiba to name a few. Yesterday, when Ballmer presented the official launch partners for both Windows 7-powered slates and its own Windows Phone 7 by way of a Powerpoint slide, HP was noticeably absent.

HPís omission isnít surprising, especially after its acquisition of Palm. HP has publicly stated (after it initially said it wouldnít) its intentions to re-enter the smartphone market, earmarking Palmís WebOS as the ďbackbone for many of HPís small form factor devices, and we expect to expand webOSís footprint beyond just the smartphone market, all while leveraging our financial strength, scale, and global reach to grow in smartphones.Ē

We imagine HP will want to capitalize on the technology is gained from the Palm acquisition, dedicating resources to its own smartphone projects before supporting a third-party operating system.

At the moment, only HTC, LG, Dell and Samsung have confirmed that they will be launching handsets in Q4 but we unaware if they will be available at launch.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    To "ilovedessert"

I have to say I truly enjoy the fact that you pass on timely/relevant info to the Precentral forum community. I rarely post, but regularly read many threads. It's refreshing to see a member do as you are doing with such a pleasant/polite attitude, amid the "sometimes" short-tempered, defensive respondents. Again, please keep it up... as there are many of us "lurkers" who really appreciate your submissions of news relevant to the smartphone community!!!!
    Last edited by oceanrealm; 07/14/2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo
    More users like Jay would be wonderful.

Another great post Jay...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    To "ilovedessert"

I have to say I truly enjoy the fact that you pass on timely/relevant info to the Precentral forum community. I rarely post, but regularly read many threads. It's refreshing to see a member do as you are doing with such a pleasant/polite attitude, amid the "sometimes" short-tempered, defensive respondents. Again, please keep it up... as there are many of us "lurkers" who really appreciate your submissions of news relevant to the smartphone community!!!!
    +1. Totally agree here. Keep up the good work Jay and hopefully when your upgrade time comes a new device will have been released
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    This is what I was thinking last week.. If HP was a WP7 launch partner, wouldn't they be building a WP7 phone (until they bought Palm)?

If so, we might see a HP built Palm phone in the near future (plus the already rumored C40). Possibly a keyboard-less device like the iphone, resembling a small HP slate. Wouldn't be a bad form factor to release next to the C40 slide-out design, I'd think..
  6.    #6  
    Thank you one and all, I aim to please! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Yeah Jay , its posters like you that keep us informed and are a pleasure to read your post. Thanks .
    I ve said it before, I think Jay works for HP/Palm with all the informative and positive info he provides.

Always a good read, keep it up.
    Great job for posting actual news. This is 100x better than the crap that gets posted on the front page.
    Thanks for the update, keeps me at least a little filled in.:-)
    Jay you would make a great blogger for PreCentral.
    This is great news. If Jay doesn't report it, then it didn't happen.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  13.    #13  
    Thank you one and all....I told you before, I do not work for Palm or HP! I live in a quiet town in central FL! Take care, Jay
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Great read! Thanks Jay for keeping the community in "the know", especially when so much is left to specualtion at this point!! I appreciate all your efforts.

About the article, all this is doing is making me even more excited to see what HPalm puts out in the near future, as well as what WebOS can become with some deeper pockets. Truly exciting stuff!!
    The big news today is that they also have dropped the Android tablet. That is good news for WebOS!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    The big news today is that they also have dropped the Android tablet. That is good news for WebOS!
    The news gets better and better, I love it! Take care, Jay
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saluki42 View Post
    This is good news!! Thanks!