1.    #1  
    Explosive Changes in Consumer Demand Shake Up Smart Phone Industry

HTC and apple are burying Palm phones to a degree never before seen. Is this the end of the Palm smartphone death spiral? Is WebOS 2.0 and new hardware enough to maintain the small niche market it currently has? It's getting harder and harder to see Palm gaining any market share whatsoever.
    you need to look at the Bigger picture...its not gonna be a One phone deal... webos will be everytwhere whether you like it or not...
    Yeah I think HPalm is going to move towards a multi-front attack. I think there will be multi layer WebOS devices to hit within months of each other. One for the teen texting, then the loyal Palm users get new stuff, business enterprise will get an eye full, and then conversion of apple and android users. They are buying up enough software/hardware companies WebOS will not have to rely 100% on other third party services...ie iTunes. They will have enough of those services in house and maintained in house for fluid updates and advances. I hope this is how HPalm is sounding the 'war horn' against apple and android.
    Wow, less than 1%! I wonder if I'm somehow drawn to less common brands? For example, I use Olympus dSLRs!
    Once the new Palm Phone and HP tablet are announced and HP advertise them everywhere, those numbers will change. Like I read in an advertising company ad (ironic), "even the best product without advertising is nothing"
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    New hardware and 2.0 will not be enough, but once you add HP's marketing strength and the expansion of products using WebOS and more importantly - the "synergy of capabilities" (god I sound like a marketing poof ) between those products then I think we'll see WebOS gain some decent ground - I highly doubt it'll be 1 or 2 but I think it may have a chance at the #3 spot, certainly the #4.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    - I highly doubt it'll be 1 or 2 but I think it may have a chance at the #3 spot, certainly the #4.
    Quite possible. The Apple faithful are not moving unless the Steve Jobs is shown to be the love child of Steve Ballmer and Lizzie Borden (...and even then )

The Android will continue to roll because there is no ONE product. (take 20 phones and if they all average a 2% share each, you've captured 40% of the market.

After that it's wide open. People tend to use BB and WinMo because the HAVE to based on job mandates, not based on any strong passions for the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Yeah I think HPalm is going to move towards a multi-front attack. I think there will be multi layer WebOS devices to hit within months of each other. One for the teen texting, then the loyal Palm users get new stuff, business enterprise will get an eye full, and then conversion of apple and android users. They are buying up enough software/hardware companies WebOS will not have to rely 100% on other third party services...ie iTunes. They will have enough of those services in house and maintained in house for fluid updates and advances. I hope this is how HPalm is sounding the 'war horn' against apple and android.
    I agree. The near future looks interesting.