View Poll Results: How long will you wait for an ANNOUNCEMENT of a new Palm Phone?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 week

0 0%
  • 2 weeks

3 1.85%
  • 1 month

20 12.35%
  • 2 months

54 33.33%
  • Forever

78 48.15%
  • I've already left...

7 4.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is NOT how long will you wait for a new Palm phone. Just for an announcement before jumping ship either mentally or literally.
    well as far as mentally jumping ship, I'd say by the time we get 1.5 or whatever that fall update will be called, we better have a hardware announcement, hopefully no later than christmas for the actual hardware. I will be mad at hpalm if they don't meet my expectations, but I won't switch to anything but a webOS phone.
    How many threads to we need on this subject?
    As long as it takes. I made the jump from WinMo before WebOS and based on everything i've exp and heard, nothing is equal to the UI.
    From a totally monetary stand point....I signed a 2 year contract last June. Why would I waist my money and switch to anything else before that's up?

Further more....webOS is even better now then it was when I bought the phone a year ago, the app cat has some truly good apps, HP (the worlds biggest IT juggernaut) just bought Palm, HOMEBREW amazingness and webOS is subjectively the best mobile OS ever.

Jump ship.....do I look crazy?!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'll jump when "someone" offers something better than what I have.

But I don't see any other than HP doing so as there are no other OS out there that remotely tempts me.

Hardware is not the most important factor in my view - just as looks of a partner normally don't set the stronghold of a relationship.
    I think where many go wrong is; 'Loyalty'
    Who cares to wait for anyone? I don't.
    I have what I have because what I have does what I need.

If you want something for purely want, you're going to bounce around from device to device in frustration or joy - depending what you get.

If you think there's something better, go get it. No need for apologies and 'goodbye palm' letters.

Disclaimer:
    This wasn't directed at the OP, but rather those who obviously must feel that way by some of the passion expressed over a pda/phone.
    In my opinion I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect anything announced in 1 week..or 2 weeks..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    as long as it takes,,my pre still does so much more then I really need so I am in no rush. When it happens,it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by rog47776 View Post
    As long as it takes. I made the jump from WinMo before WebOS and based on everything i've exp and heard, nothing is equal to the UI.
    I agree. I see nothing on the market that I would trade my pre for.
    how long? At least 18 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    as long as it takes,,my pre still does so much more then I really need so I am in no rush. When it happens,it happens.
    agreed best phone i've personally ever owned
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I'd really like to hear if not see something before gingerbread is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Is this a poll? I say 7-10 more would be plenty
    ROFL!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I agree with most of you. There is no other phone I really want, which is shocking, I used to switch phones the minute my upgrade came up. I could stick with this phone for a very long time.
    what a silly poll. without a choice like "until my contract is up: or "2 years" the forever has to take on a lot of meanings.

And why is everyone so impatient?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I can wait another year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    From a totally monetary stand point....I signed a 2 year contract last June. Why would I waist my money and switch to anything else before that's up?

Further more....webOS is even better now then it was when I bought the phone a year ago, the app cat has some truly good apps, HP (the worlds biggest IT juggernaut) just bought Palm, HOMEBREW amazingness and webOS is subjectively the best mobile OS ever.

Jump ship.....do I look crazy?!
    Ditto. My contract does not end until June of 2011...so I won't even consider jumping until next June approaches. At that point, however, an Android-based handset may be compelling. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think where many go wrong is; 'Loyalty'
    Who cares to wait for anyone? I don't.
    I have what I have because what I have does what I need.

If you want something for purely want, you're going to bounce around from device to device in frustration or joy - depending what you get.

If you think there's something better, go get it. No need for apologies and 'goodbye palm' letters.

Disclaimer:
    This wasn't directed at the OP, but rather those who obviously must feel that way by some of the passion expressed over a pda/phone.
    I agree. I feel webOS, homebrew, and community is what fits me best.
    where the passion comes in is when people express their opinions on why they feel their choice is best...their agenda's for / against corporations etc.
    the debates happen over the "better" argument.
    I would drop webOS if the next release fails. If the form factor options suck...etc.
    for now... I am very satisfied with pre performance and form factor.
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/13/2010 at 09:08 AM.
    I'll keep my Pre until it falls apart.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast