1.    #1  
    Last edited by 6tr6tr; 07/12/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    It's a bit "bricky" for me - a little too rectangular in shape. As an artist he's done a great job designing a phone and rendering it But as a phone to own, I don't think I'd like it.

By the way, your second link is broken

EDIT: Wow, now that I've seen the second link, I love it I didn't realise there was more to it than the initial render. The messaging UI is particularly lovely.
    Last edited by errade; 07/12/2010 at 11:43 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    It's a bit "bricky" for me - a little too rectangular in shape. As an artist he's done a great job designing a phone and rendering it But as a phone to own, I don't think I'd like it.

EDIT: Wow, now that I've seen the second link, I love it I didn't realise there was more to it than the initial render. The messaging UI is particularly lovely.
    I fixed the 2nd link.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post

I love the simple UI as well. Good home screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WOW!!! now called that phone Palm One (funny huh) and we would be good to go on hardware and would make great use of the WebOS UI and notifications!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I love my Pre+, but this is beautiful!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Make the lower kickstand a gesture area as well and I think we have a winner! =)
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    run WebOS and i am all in
    I saw this and thought it was pretty exceptionally cool even if it is a concept. My only complaint is the kickstand though. The kickstand on the evo seems kinda tacky and a bit gimmicky to me, even if it is useful at some times. I don't think I would like a phone that had a kickstand as deeply ingrained in its design as this phone has. Make that thing stationary and it would be near perfect.
    must have keyboard... Must have keyboard...
    It's nice looking, but where is the physical keyboard?

EDIT: Beaten by mere seconds... haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    It's ok... Don't like the UI or kickstand idea. Also, a UV germ killer?
    Curved screen? Fail.

Come on people, don't you know.. the keyboard is dead.

-sent from my iphone

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Speak for yourself. I've had pure touchscreen phones in the past, and I'm quite happy to get a nice keyboard, especially for longer conversations or posts.
    That phone... exceptional.

I prefer a physical keyboard though. And the uv light? Gimmicky... not needed.

The kickstand... while I can see some functionality there... I like the gesture area more... if the two could be incorporated that would be good enough for me.

Also... machined brass... with a uv light it would have to be a glass screen... and its pretty thick including that chasis he added for rigidity... I bet that thing would weigh a considerable amount for a handheld device.
    There's already another thread on this, but my reaction is basically this.

It's easy for anyone to make a design that looks nice by just playing with photoshop or the like.

What's difficult is the engineering and designing of a system that would actually work like this.

Yes, more thought has gone into this than other fan-made concept phone ideas, but it's just completely unrealistic.

Oh, and the aforementioned gimmicky UV light idea is just stupid in general, since a glass screen would block most of the UV light in the first place.
    beautiful.
    omg it looks like htc made a sense webos.. One can dream can't we?
    UV light is great for cleanliness freaks like me, I even clean my Pre's screen with alcohol once a week (Yeah, I know that's weird but I really hate germs)
    not too shabby. If the screen split off like the Moto Devour to reveal a landscape keyboard it would rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post

Come on people, don't you know.. the keyboard is dead.

-sent from my iphone
    The portrait keyboard is Palm's distinguishing feature. Long may it stay that way.