1.    #1  
    Palm is working on the release of their next webOS smartphone. They really blew it the first time around. Many blame their marketing for the weak sales of Pre. It's time for us to post our opinions on what they should target in their commercials, ad's and AD placements.
    What are your favorite concepts for webOS commercials? Where do you want to see AD placements? Movies? Shows? Who should be seen walkin around with the new webOS smartphone?
    Should they focus on head to head comparisons of webOS against Android and Ios 4?

Pretty soon we will be bombarded with the new HP Palms ads... lets voice our opinions now... instead of monday morning quarterbacking.
    WATCH THIS VIDEO...think webOS instead of win7 on ending trailer
    http://mashable.com/2010/05/21/sex-and-the-city-hp/
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/10/2010 at 04:52 PM.
    I liked icerc's (i think that was the names) videos and the sorry dad lol

advertise during those fad shows that make you dumber and believe bs, like bigbrother and crap like that.... Maybe not focus on oxygen and we this time...

maybe if they come out with a 5'' model mini tab/ pmp or streak competetor call it johnny lol
    Last edited by toyotast165; 07/10/2010 at 03:53 AM.
    3 words. Merit Based Marketing. That means "copy apple ads" by showing cool features that make every day tasks possible or simple. It means showing cool differentiation like wireless charging, physical keyboard, etc.

No image, no positioning, just demo the phone. WebOSroundup had a contest recently and there are some great examples they could re-shoot and use for this. Another ad to copy is the original motodroid ad with the robot finger doing a search. It should do the same to show off universal search. Another to upload a photo to facebook (10x easier than doing it from a PC), etc...

That's what they need, and lots of it, IMHO.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    @workerb33

I also have seen some ads that try to point you to a website to find out more. That would be a great way to fully showcase the phone since tv ad time can be costly to get your sales pitch across.
    I think that they should leave iOS and android alone for now. Like Workerb33 said, just concentrate on showing all of the awesome features of WebOS off. If you can do that the phone will sell itself.
  6.    #6  
    Does anyone question HP ability to advertise on a global scale ? Did you ever think Palm had the marketing $$$ to pull this off? Sex and the city was full of ad placements for apple.... that changed. HP has taken over the as the laptop of choice for the ladies. What i find more interesting.. is the commercial they came up with. It heavily focuses on multitasking... and has a few shots of a tablet flying around. Planting the seed for webOS? Looks that way to me.
    Take a lokk at this video... i think your going to like what HP is up to.

'Sex and the City' dumps Apple | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

"Sex and the City" Switches from Apple to HP
    They need to show off features that make the phone contend with the other platforms. It might even help to do it in a way that ppl think its a new android or apple, all that matters is that it makes ppl go out and look for it. I think the 3d gaming would be huge for the younger crowd, and we may not have a real strong app market, but apps need to be shown. Apple was very successfull with "theres an app for that" and android is following suit with its app ball thing with the droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't think HP is going to waste money trying to push webOS on to consumers. It really would be a waste of money given all of the smartphone competition out there with better hardware designs, tons more apps, and greater selection. I think we will see the same message for the webOS smartphones as we have seen for the iPaq Glisten - "You want smartphones? We got 'em"
    all business people are also consumers. they can't help but sell to consumers. and they do a great job selling printers/cameras/laptops/PCs/etc to those same consumers. the iPhone and iPad are being forced in to businesses because those consumers are bringing them to work and insisting that they be supported. ask any blackberry shop - they probably tried to prevent it (like my company did) until a senior executive got one, and then they were forced to support them...

same way the Mac first got in to business back in the day.

they will market to consumers. they all watch the same TV commercials. businesses buy their phones from carriers (verizon/sprint/at&t corporate reps) not their computer and networking reps (HP)... so you better hope they market to consumers or the business will never even know HP makes phones...

IMO

Reserve yours today!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't think HP is going to waste money trying to push webOS on to consumers. It really would be a waste of money given all of the smartphone competition out there with better hardware designs, tons more apps, and greater selection. I think we will see the same message for the webOS smartphones as we have seen for the iPaq Glisten - "You want smartphones? We got 'em"
    DID yu click on the link... and watch the $$$ they have already spent $$$ staging webOS to consumers? There is a tablet floating around... and they are selling its multitasking capabilities. Are they being vaque... yes, because they didnt own webOS yet. Are they starting to try and differentiate themselves form apple IPAD... yes ... with Multitasking. What mobile os has the best multitasking? the one they doubled down on....webOS.
    "HP has been much more aggressive in securing product placement deals in the film and television industry."
    WATCH THE COMMERCIAL.
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/11/2010 at 10:45 AM.
  10.    #10  
    well... I know no one has to put up or shut up.
    I read too many posts about the failure of palm ads and how they had plenty of $$$ and blew it.
    this new phone release is a whole new chance to introduce webOS to the world.
    it's real easy to complain after the fact, anoying, and useless .

get ready for a new line of commercials. Hopefully this time they get it right...
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    well... I know no one has to put up or shut up.
    I read too many posts about the failure of palm ads and how they had plenty of $$$ and blew it.
    this new phone release is a whole new chance to introduce webOS to the world.
    it's real easy to complain after the fact, anoying, and useless .

get ready for a new line of commercials. Hopefully this time they get it right...
    I don't think they had "plenty" of money, but however much they had wasn't used for the right things...

Reserve yours today!
  12.    #12  
    HP partners with Starbucks. Starbucks Innovation Partner.

Im not a big fan of starbucks.... But many are.

HP and Starbucks. Discover In-Store Technology and Online Discounts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    wow, hp and starbucks.....sprint and walmart lol
    Palm prē-ist.