Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I've been using Basejet as my wireless email client for a while. It's great -- love it more than Eudora or any of the others out there.

Today, I stumbled on a nice set of features that they've included which make closed-Treo mail reading quite possible.

For example, I've reassigned my SMS button to Basejet, because I use email much more often than SMS.

With the Treo closed, if I press the 4th hard button (envelope), Basejet launches and shows me my messages. If I press the button again, it opens the first message. If I press the button again, it opens the second message.

If I start up Basejet, and then hold down the button, it will automatically start a wireless synchronization, getting all of my email for me.

I can do almost all of my email functions (even boilerplate replying) without ever opening up the flip. WOW!
    That's what I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to remap one of my buttons now.....

Okay, it took a few tweaks (the button I want to use for basejet is used for ClockPop--a wonderful hack!) but it works now.

Thanks a ton for the heads up.
    Does BaseJet let you know you have mail before you recieve it, almost like TreoMail? TreoMail was great for the first month, but now im not wanting to pay the 50 bucks :-/
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    That's what I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to remap one of my buttons now.....

Okay, it took a few tweaks (the button I want to use for basejet is used for ClockPop--a wonderful hack!) but it works now.

Thanks a ton for the heads up.
    I knew someone around here was looking for that capability ... just couldn't remember who. It works pretty nicely ... should be even more interesting once GPRS arrives, and they could actually do a real "push" with Basejet.

-Doug

PS: Dude, your avatar gives me the heebie-geebies ....
    Is Basejet free after the 30 day trial? I didnt see a price on their site, just a free 30 day trial. If its cheaper than TreoMail, this might be the way to go...
    Basejet is in Beta, so it's free.

As for my avatar, I got it from Yahoo:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1z62c.html&e=4
    BaseJet would be cool if it could download mail directly from my mail server instead of going through my desktop (which must be on). How hard could this be? treo mail Internet Edition does this. but it only supports oine email account which is a bummer. Still looking for THE (ALMOST) perfect mail client.
    As for my avatar, I got it from Yahoo:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...1z62c.html&e=4
    Liked your old avatar much better. It was cool.
    Kami
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by yardie
    BaseJet would be cool if it could download mail directly from my mail server instead of going through my desktop (which must be on). How hard could this be? treo mail Internet Edition does this. but it only supports oine email account which is a bummer. Still looking for THE (ALMOST) perfect mail client.
    It is my understanding that the Basejet Palm application can do direct POP3 downloading, although I've not tried this myself. I could be wrong - but I know a lot of people were asking for that initially, and they've put some things in to support that.

For me, downloading from my desktop is GREAT. I've got 7 different POP accounts which I download, and on each of those accounts I receive a countless number of mailing lists newsletters, spam, and some actual important messages. I've got Outlook filtering applying the same filters (spam, mailing lists, etc.) to everything it downloads, so the actual messages that are in my inbox are real messages which require attention. Everything else is filed away, and I deal with it when I'm back at my desk.

Plus, I get the added benefit that if I send anything from the Basejet palm application, it actually goes out through my desktop, and gets filed away in my Sent Items.

Different strokes for different folks I guess - but the Basejet team has been great at trying to make this app work for as many different people as possible.

-Doug
    Does anyone know if BaseJet is not working today? I can't get on the site my launcher is not active.
  11.    #11  
    Yikes ... I thought it was just something on my end, but I've got the same thing here. The launcher can't connect to the transporter service anymore, and www.basejet.com doesn't go anywhere.

I hope they didn't go POOF into non-existence. It's such a great little email app -- I really really really don't want to use TreoMail.....

Anyone know anything more?

-Doug
    As of right now, it seems like my client is contacting their servers....

...and I'm doing a mail check right now....

...and it seems to be working. Whatever it is, it's passed.
    I found out that if you map Treo Mail to a button, it also supports press and hold mail checking without opening the lid.

I hope BaseJet stick around though. They have a promising product. It must be expensive to maintain all those backend secure servers though and not have a paying userbase.
    I still can't access basejet.com and my launcher is not active. My e-mail is behind a corporate firewall and I can't access it unless my computer is on and logged in. If you have Internet mail, you can probably get in, but I can't even get on the site to ask them about it. Help!
  15.    #15  
    As of right now, it seems like my client is contacting their servers....

...and I'm doing a mail check right now....

...and it seems to be working. Whatever it is, it's passed.
    Is your launcher icon in your system tray yellow, or grayed out??
    It's greyed out. Worked fine yesterday and last night, just nothing today.
    Is your launcher icon in your system tray yellow, or grayed out??
    Yellow. Otherwise it wouldn't work. :-)
    i can't even get to the web site.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Don't know what to tell you. It works fine for me.
  20.    #20  
    It's back to working again ... their support message board indicates that they were having DNS problems yesterday (which would fit the symptoms that we were collectively noticing) ... sounds like they did a migration and didn't shorten up their DNS time-to-live sufficiently before doing so.

All is good again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast