As I was installing the most recent version of Trillian (IM client), I noticed they had a new feature that would automatically set your status (e.g. 'logged-in' or 'away from keyboard') based on the activity on your desktop/laptop (i.e. if you have typed or clicked on anything for the last x seconds). It occurred to me that this would be a very useful feature to include in the e-mail forwarding programs designed to work with wireless e-mail devices. If you are already active at your desktop/laptop, you may not want to get e-mail during that time on your wireless device since you will get a notification on your laptop anyway. There should be an option to temporarily suspend wireless delivery/forwarding of e-mail when you are logged into your laptop and 'active', and when you either disconnect from the network or become inactive (away from keyboard), then re-enable wireless delivery of only NEW messages (i.e. don't deliver messages to your wireless device that you have already received on your laptop while you were logged in and active). Of course, this should only be an option because some people would like to have ALL their e-mail on their handheld, but if you are like me, you don't really want to maintain the 1000 messages that are on your laptop in your PDA as well...