1.    #1  
    How do I get all of the data from my Handspring Visor to my new Treo? I DO NOT want touse the same device name for both. Any other suggestions?
    I don't understand your reservations, but to each his own.

What data are you looking to move?

You might want to try to copy all the data that's in the user folder within "Palm" and put it into a newly created user's folder, that you sync to your Treo.

Why don't you want to use the same name? That's what I did when I moved from my IIIx to the Treo. I was up and running in 5 minutes. It was magic.
  3.    #3  
    I don't want to use the same name because someone else set it up and used a irrational combination of numbers and letters that I can never remember whe I need to. Such as is the case when I ourchase software and they ask for the "device name" to generate the registration code....
    Originally posted by eyeball
    I don't want to use the same name because someone else set it up and used a irrational combination of numbers and letters that I can never remember whe I need to. Such as is the case when I ourchase software and they ask for the "device name" to generate the registration code....
    Eyeball,

If you have software that can only be used by the your old device name, you will need to contact the developers and see what they say. I contacted the wordsmith people and they were quite nice and sent me a new code.

You can use

this program to change your name once you sync your new device.

If you can, I would get backup buddy and do one last sync with your old device and then sync your new device (pick the same name) and then use the above program to change your device name.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.