1.    #1  
    Im not really good at mock ups, but i found this floating on the interweb, i think this can make a very sexy webOS device keeping the bottom slider for the keyboard and getting rid of the top slider.... This design Screams WebOS... if someone can make a nice HPalm Mock up of somethingt similiar... id much appreciate it

Album 1 Gallery 26 portfolio ADR Studio
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Actually Palm has a patent for a device that looks like that. I'll see if I can find the link.
    I do think the next phone needs to be a slab - no moving parts.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Actually Palm has a patent for a device that looks like that. I'll see if I can find the link.
    is this what you were thinking of?

The PalmPilots That Never Were

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  5.    #5  
    see the way i see it right now, from a tech point of view , is that the reason for the Shoody hardware is because the way the entire phone moves to allow the keyboard... where as this way with the much more scrunched keyboard the keyboard moves away from the phone, all the while the phone itself still keeps its solidity. so this way its still true to the Palm (pre) form factor while actually going stronger in durability
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post

The PalmPilots That Never Were
    i think he's refering to the pre, lol
    I see,

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    That sure is ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    That sure is ugly.
    I hear you and I am right there with you. Although the idea of the side panels could go a long way with gaming.
    i cant understand the purpose, or let alone logic in this design.
    /truth
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    i cant understand the purpose, or let alone logic in this design.
    /truth
    see this post
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...82#post2542031
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post

[url= PalmPilots That Never Were[/url]
    yes, thanks. One of them has a keyboard that splits to the sides. Kinda cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    see the way i see it right now, from a tech point of view , is that the reason for the Shoody hardware is because the way the entire phone moves to allow the keyboard... where as this way with the much more scrunched keyboard the keyboard moves away from the phone, all the while the phone itself still keeps its solidity. so this way its still true to the Palm (pre) form factor while actually going stronger in durability
    they could have made a rock solid slider. I think the issue stems from the design trick of making the screen out of a single piece that goes around the edges and doesn't sit in a frame. That looks nice, but it causes a lot of trade offs. And, the thing is all amde from plastic. Some metal and glass would improve sturdiness, while ruining the 'look' they were shooting for.
    Portrait/landscape slider with slate design.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.