Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was talking with a friend of mine that works at Verizon as Tech Support. I jokingly asked about when the next device for Palm would be out. And he said almost instantly that they were going to release it when they roll out LTE in the First Quarter. So bust out your salt and start speculating. I myself think it's possible but this is the same guy that told me the pre had flash lite.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    So...it could be 4G?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    could be, it sounds resonable but it wont be the first carrier to have it sprint will. Though how Verizon's been treating palm I doubt it.
    I was speaking to our Blackberry dealer (i work at a kiosk where we sell sprint, vzw, and att) and he said that he had it on good authority that vzw first 4G device would be a Blackberry.

with regards to the op, I doubt it. July 12th is HP's keynote and they have a couple of sprint higher ups speaking. My moneys on a Sprint announcement then.
    My money is on multi-carrier launch, if it comes out on one first, it will come to the others quickly after. I could be wrong tho, and if I am, I suspect this will be how hp does it for the rest of their releases once they have more influence on palms products.
    a multi carrier launch would be neat but not all the carriers support 4G. The next webOS device HAS to be 4g. or im going to be a sad garage... :|
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    The voices in my underpants tell me it's Sprint. These same voices also told me to put $1000 on Fabricio Werdum @+600 the underdog to beat Fedor in that MMA fight last week.

That was a 600k tip.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    LTE 4G can operate on most carriers including Verizon and AT&T in the United States and several worldwide carriers. The 4g radio that supports LTE can be easily converted to support Sprints WiMAX 4G. So a multi carrier 4G launch is not out of the question.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    These same sources told me the Knicks are getting Lebron James . I am getting my Lebron James Jersey ready.

One faction is going to be ****ed if its on one carrier. All these folks who got there phones at AT&T are going to be ****ed if it comes out on Sprint and vice versa if it comes out on AT&T. My money ( from my sources ) is AT&T but that was before the buyout.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    The voices in my underpants tell me it's Sprint. These same voices also told me to put $1000 on Fabricio Werdum @+600 the underdog to beat Fedor in that MMA fight last week.

That was a 600k tip.
    isn't that only a 6k win? And did you lose it all on carwin?
    I don't know... Spring has a lot of momentum with the Evo right now, I bet the 4G palm goes to Sprint... Anyone know the status of Big Red's 4G network?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Sprint has stated openly that they are not too pleased with the overall sales of the Pre, and all the replacements they have had to deal with it. I would not be suprised if another carrier gets the new phones first but I am really hoping Palm does give it to sprint since we are still on their (now ancient) original Pre, while others have the Pre+... If ATT or VZ get it first ill be mighty unhappy with HPalm
    vzw LTE is supposed to be released in 2011
    I am less likely to believe LTE in q1 based on other verizion statements. I'm expecting lte won't be available until the end of 2011, but I would LOVE to be wrong. Maybe a test market earlier?

sooner is good.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    They can easily do a multi carrier launch with only Sprint's device being 4G. Samsung is basically doing that with it's Galaxy S line. The Epic will be a qwerty, 4G device for Sprint, where the ones for the other carriers (Vzw fascinate, tmo vibrant and ATT captivate) are all slab, non 4G devices. Each one is slightly different, so maybe they would slightly change the form factor or a select part of the features for different carriers (a Plus version, perhaps?)
    Palm is going to launch a 4G version for Sprint, and regular 3G devices for the other carriers at least until Verizon and ATT get their act together and create a reasonable 4G network for a device to rely on.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I wonder why people are still saying that Verizon's LTE network isn't coming until late 2011??? As far as I've heard their LTE network will be rolling out to ~40 markets before the end of the year, while expanding it more in the years to follow. However, the initial rollout will be Data only (ie Data cards) as the audio/calling standard hasn't been agreed upon, hence why 4G data plans will be tiered. No one knows when AT&T's LTE network will be up (they barely have great 3G/HSPA coverage).

A little off topic:
    You guys remember the rumor circulating that Verizon and Apple were testing an iPhone to work on Verizon's upcoming LTE network right? Hmmm, if AT&T's and Apple's contract ends in 2011 wouldn't that mean an iPhone 4G (maybe a huge hint by Apple not naming this year's iPhone HD, but iPhone "4", so what would the next iPhone for next year be called...?) would be the next big thing for next year ? Thus, we can assume that Verizon's LTE network would have expanded to maybe ~60 markets?

Just my 2 cents of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I am less likely to believe LTE in q1 based on other verizion statements. I'm expecting lte won't be available until the end of 2011, but I would LOVE to be wrong. Maybe a test market earlier?

sooner is good.
    I've read reports that Verizon will launch it's LTE network on Nov. 15th with devices going on sale on Black Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    isn't that only a 6k win? And did you lose it all on carwin?
    You are correct sir
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    You are correct sir
    My brain said type 6,000 but my hands wanted to type 6k so I ended up with 600k! Wish my payroll dept had this issue!

And no didn't lose it. I don't like betting on MMA, however boxing is a different story. The hype on Fedor was just way too big to not take a shot.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast