1.    #1  
    Ok, first it sounded like the 180 buyers got screwed with no upgrade offer. Now us 270 owners get it by purchasing a device promised to have GPRS. Still we have no GPRS, yet HS is rolling out their 300. HS says they have NO IDEA when the patch will get released. Do we have any cause to demand refunds so we can actually get a color treo with always on internet???? (at higher speeds i might add) ZsoZso - any ideas?????
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    To be fair, the 300 isn't out yet, and won't be the day Sprint rolls out their next generation network, either. So before you get too upset, you should at least wait and see if your assertions are confirmed.
  3.    #3  
    you are right, but we already waited for weeks for our treos, now we are playing the game again. frustrating!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Yeah, it is frustrating. I mean not really for me as there is no way I can afford the additional outlay for the GPRS, but it is not cool when we were originally let on that it would be "late spring."
    Originally posted by christo1970
    Ok, first it sounded like the 180 buyers got screwed with no upgrade offer. Now us 270 owners get it by purchasing a device promised to have GPRS. Still we have no GPRS, yet HS is rolling out their 300. HS says they have NO IDEA when the patch will get released. Do we have any cause to demand refunds so we can actually get a color treo with always on internet???? (at higher speeds i might add) ZsoZso - any ideas?????
    Just to clarify, what do you mean the 180 buyers got no upgrade offer??
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Actually the Treo 300 will be available today at SprintPCS stores in Tampa. The manager of the store said initial speeds will be 40-60k. Higher data speeds will come later. Price is $499. I got to use one last night at the Sprint store. Very nice. Silver color casing. The color screen seems clearer than the 270.
    Apple man, Treo 180 users didn't get an upgrade offer for the 270 when it came out Like the Visor Phone users. As far as I'm concerned, they knew the 270 was coming out, they should of waited like the rest of us.

Handspring may be rolling out the 300, bit they aren't rolling out the 3g service. Sprint is. Sprint wanted to wait for their service to be available before they started sellng the 300.

It is my understanding that Handspring can't release the patch for the 180/270 until the cellular providers okay it. And unlike the sprint 300, they have to deal with many more companies. I would of liked for handspring to just pick one or two of these companies (with voicestream being one of them of corse) and got they approval from them and then go around to the other companies with a release product.

Then imagine all the moaning that would be going on from from the excluded providers customers.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.