1.    #1  
    That the next Palm phone should be called the "Now".

Least that's what they suggested on their podcast today....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think it should be called the yesterday.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Palm A.I. It's smarter than you are.
    it could be called the maybe later. Or the some time in next year. (just joking)
    They should just call it the Phone because apparently making calls isn't a necessary feature these days
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    They should just call it the Phone because apparently making calls isn't a necessary feature these days
    Yes Palm Phone sounds nice; why would you wanna make calls when you have 200,000 apps?
    I have a friend (a conspiracy theorist) who can read Hebrew, he says he thinks Ruby picked the Pre name, since he's jewish and in hebrew the word for fruit is "pre", alluding to the other fruit company "apple"
    I know it won't happen but I've always thought bringing back palm pilot would be sweet, it sounds so nice and classy, but I actually think palm phone sounds pretty cool. It is a bit boring, but I like it a hell of a lot better than the generic feature phone names that a lot of phones are getting these days -- epic, devour, incredible, ally, alias, legend, desire...you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Yes Palm Phone sounds nice; why would you wanna make calls when you have 200,000 apps?
    and 98% of those apps suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I know it won't happen but I've always thought bringing back palm pilot would be sweet, it sounds so nice and classy
    Pilot Corporation sued Palm soon after the original Palm Pilot came out, saying that the use of the stylus threatened consumer confusion and trademark dilution. Palm backed down, and certainly wouldn't try to use it again, even without the stylus as part of the product.

What's amazing to me is that so many people still call it a Palm Pilot, a product name that hasn't been used in more than a decade. Once in a while I get irritated enough to correct them, something I did more regularly when I had an early Handspring Visor.