1.    #1  
    Just got a nice email from Palm announcing that they are now part of the HP family. The exciting part for me is where they state:
    "With the power of HP behind us, the excitement created by the first Palmฎ webOS™ phones will grow even stronger as we introduce a new generation of devices."
    You know they've got something ready to go, and HP had to know well before this day came as well. I don't think it will be long now, especially if they are going to come out and say that a new gen of devices are on the way. It feels good to be excited about something again, besides the rockin kernels being created by our webOSinternals boys. I don't think the buyout could have gone any better, do you?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Only the 3rd or 100th thread about it. Thanks for the news.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Only the 3rd or 100th thread about it. Thanks for the news.
    Just making sure that you saw it Banger. Glad you felt compelled to comment.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I got the email too.. Excellent news... Bet we hear from ruby very shortly, about our new 2ghz dual core do everything pre 2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I got the email too.. Excellent news... Bet we hear from ruby very shortly, about our new 2ghz dual core do everything pre 2
    Or this...
    Is this the Next Palm Pre? Called UON - Palm Support Community
    I heard it can levitate like the Evo too.

I'm tired of this general statement crap. I want a definite announcement or leak that a WebOS phone is coming soon... We all know the next generation devices are around the corner. My current Pre is scratched, beaten, and worn. It wants to retire already since it's overclocked too. We all know how much WebOS benefits from increased CPU speeds.

It's like they enjoy teasing us... I bet they read these forums and laugh.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Geez, folks. Give it a little time. The transition will take a little energy first.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Geez, folks. Give it a little time. The transition will take a little energy first.
    I give it two weeks.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I give it two weeks.
    Come now Abyssul. two and a half, at least. It's only been a year and a half, after all.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the transition has been in gear for a while now. You can't tell me that these two parties haven't been communicating since the beginning. They know what's up. That's why I'm going to get a bit impatient if I don't hear something soon.
    webOS is awesome, but it risks getting buried, at least in the ridiculously competitive smartphone market, if they don't kick it into gear soon. Android is at full steam right now. IOS has its unfortunately dominant mindshare. Blackberry is...well, Blackberry. Palm and HP need to kick out some devices, and quick. A slate may go a long way to increasing webOS's visibility, possibly more than a killer smartphone, and that, in my opinion, is where it will become a successful OS, or just another niche product that gets integrated into oblivion into HP products.

Exciting indeed! I'll believe it when I see it. Then I'll buy it after the price drops to $29.99 like the Pre did.

I've used Palm since the Palm Pilot days, and really like how far they've come. Looking forward to the next version!
    Morrison0880, don't forget to add on the fact that we have been left in the dirt about the future of Palm for who knows how long. There is also the idea that even if the phone was announced, that it would take a month or so for it to be released to the public...

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Morrison0880, don't forget to add on the fact that we have been left in the dirt about the future of Palm for who knows how long. There is also the idea that even if the phone was announced, that it would take a month or so for it to be released to the public...
    I would say at least a month. Maybe more. At least we now know where Palm is. Hopefully, all the talk and posturing, like the McKinney interview, isn't just lip service to keep our community on its toes. It seems that they did a little back-pedaling after their statements that they didn't buy Palm for its smartphone capabilities only. It looks to me that they are working hard to convince the webOS community to stick around and wait for new products to arrive. I just hope they give these products priority and release some quality soon. I want a new phone, but a slate could really launch webOS into the mainstream.
    It's a waiting game either way. I'm down through the holiday season, but after that, I may have to move on to one of the superphones that are yet to come out. Just think of what 2011 will bring after the ride we've had since the beginning of 2009. The evolution of the industry has been mind boggling. I want webOS to take a lead in the ride.

impatient lot,lol. Generation of "i want what I want when I want it and I want it NOW". Yeah, I'm itchin for an upgraded device but I'll just be glad if they issue most any new webos device, especiallly on sprint. My pre had it's birthday last month but it's still going strong (all stock). I will be Patient and wait/hope for newer,updated device. GROW UP,quit acting like 2 year olds!
    <<Moved to gen palm chat>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    impatient lot,lol. Generation of "i want what I want when I want it and I want it NOW". Yeah, I'm itchin for an upgraded device but I'll just be glad if they issue most any new webos device, especiallly on sprint. My pre had it's birthday last month but it's still going strong (all stock). I will be Patient and wait/hope for newer,updated device. GROW UP,quit acting like 2 year olds!
    Wanting a new and improved device is not acting like a 2 year old, it is expecting the OS of your choice to keep up with the competition. People love the OS and are less than impressed with the hardware, especially when compared to the iphone4/Evo/Droid X/Epic/Droid 2.....Palm keeps telling us that devices are coming, and we haven't gotten anything, nor have we any clue what the device will be like or when it will come out. Yes, many people do want the latest and greatest, and I don't see anything wrong with that. And there's definitely nothing wrong with wanting Palm to at least keep pace. It's tough seeing other phones not only pass you up, but blow you away with their hardware specs.
    So I don't see anything wrong with being impatient at this point. If you do, please let me know the acceptable time frame in which impatience is acceptable.