1.    #1  
    I'm on vacation and presently in Charlotte, NC. At home, Melbourne, FL I have three ISP's that I can connect to when I need to check my e-mail or surf the web. However in Charlotte, I'm roaming on Cingular's network and none of my connections work. It retries once then give me the message about network busy or not setup for data services. This is very annoying. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm dialing the home access numbers like you would with long distance, 1-321-608-1000. My AT&T Worldnet, Bell South and the Voicestream ISDN all fail.

I did notice in South Carolina when I was on a Voicestream network, they all worked fine.

Help!!!! Please reply to the message board as I'm not able to check my e-mail. Of course I could hook up my Psion infrared modem later this evening and dial the local access number for Charlotte.

Thanks
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I'm going through the same thing right now, and I'm not even on vacation.

At work I can't connect to any ISP either. I think it is like the message says. The network is busy.

I called voicestream today and they didn't understand why it was happening, but would get back to me.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Riverbruce:

I have to note I am from Cocoa, Fl. Your message touched a number of issues for me, but let me address yours first.

When I am in Jacksonville I have a hard time getting my e-mail and getting on the WEB. I use Florida Digital Networks as my ISP. It works fine as lonf as I am in Central Florida. I have used it in Daytona and Orlando. It will sometimes work in Jax. It may just be me, but it seems to work the first time I turn the phone on. Then it will not work until I turn the phone off and back on, but that is not always true.

I use Voicestream (I did not know of anyone else selling the Treo in this area). If Voicestream is your service provider, how were you using a Cingular's network. Voicestream told me I could not use anyone else network. If Cingular is your service provider, I would like to know that. They have better reception than Voicestream here.

Also, what is Voicestream ISDN. Is that an ISP? I use Florida Digital Network just on my phone, I would be interested in a different option.

Thanks

SPG
    I have Voicestream service in Tennessee. Was in Southern California two weeks. I had no trouble using Cingular's service for voice, internet, email, sms.
    I haven't seen another Treo user yet.
    Bob
    Weird. I was in CA and LV for a week, and got spotty service through Cingular, even though I have a VoiceStream account back here in Boston. I was unable to get online at all for that week, btw. SMS worked fine. It was generally very irritating.

The worst thing is when I can't get a signal (for the phone) while dozens of people around me are chatting away merrily on their (non-Treo) cellphones.
    I had the same signal loss problem from the day I got my Treo. Was blaming it on VoiceStream service (since I gave up Sprint to go with Treo). Found another forum where someone blamed the "radio" in the Treo. I called Handspring, and had a new phone the next morning. I have not had any trouble since. There is also something about being able to reset the "radio."
    Bob
  7.    #7  
    I've been very happy with my Treo 180. I discovered that if I dialed the local access number for the area where I was that I could connect for data (e-mail & browsing). That seemed strange but was the trick that worked for me.

For more information on the Voicestream ISDN connection, see the following thread of discussion:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...p&pagenumber=2

Originally posted by SPG
    Riverbruce:

I have to note I am from Cocoa, Fl. Your message touched a number of issues for me, but let me address yours first.

When I am in Jacksonville I have a hard time getting my e-mail and getting on the WEB. I use Florida Digital Networks as my ISP. It works fine as lonf as I am in Central Florida. I have used it in Daytona and Orlando. It will sometimes work in Jax. It may just be me, but it seems to work the first time I turn the phone on. Then it will not work until I turn the phone off and back on, but that is not always true.

I use Voicestream (I did not know of anyone else selling the Treo in this area). If Voicestream is your service provider, how were you using a Cingular's network. Voicestream told me I could not use anyone else network. If Cingular is your service provider, I would like to know that. They have better reception than Voicestream here.

Also, what is Voicestream ISDN. Is that an ISP? I use Florida Digital Network just on my phone, I would be interested in a different option.

Thanks

SPG
    Voicestream ISDN http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/showthread.php?threadid=19305&perpage=15&highlight=voicestream%20wap&pagenumber=2 ISDN
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I live in Boston and use a Treo 180. I recently went down to Seabrook, SC and roamed on the Cingular network. I was able to use SMS and voice, but no data. I tried using VoiceStreams ISDN line. I have a feeling it has to do something with where the call is transmitted to through the carrier you are currently connected to. On VoiceStream using the ISDN line, it goes through perfectly because they are connected on the same network. On Cingular using VoiceStreams ISDN line, it can't connect to the ISDN because its not on the same network. I could be wrong, seeing as its still a phone number, wether its dialed from Cingular, Voicestream or someone like Sprint. I guess its not our plain old DUN...
    I have VoiceStream and Earthlink as my ISP. I live in the Philadelphia area and I can travel 10 miles and my local ISP access number won't connect. I can, however use a different Earthlink access number and everything works fine. I have just traveled accross the USA and for some reason the Earthlink access number in Meridian, Mississippi seems to work no metter where I am.