Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i know about palm being bought and all but man when are they coming out with a new phone. while i like android. i am dieing to get back to webos. but need something that is on par if not better than whats out their now. come on palm help me out ive been away for to long and im really missing webos. nothing has that sleek interface
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebizz View Post
    i know about palm being bought and all but man when are they coming out with a new phone. while i like android. i am dieing to get back to webos. but need something that is on par if not better than whats out their now. come on palm help me out ive been away for to long and im really missing webos. nothing has that sleek interface
    Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. did you send that suggestion to Palm?
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    LOL
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. did you send that suggestion to Palm?
    before i become rash and say something that may get me banned as i really dont care. im simply asking a question i need something new from palm not the recycled pre but 4+ inch screen running over 1ghz im at the point were if its not out or some kinda details aren't out. im gone the phone industry is moving so fast i cant sit around and wait no matter how good the os is
    before i become rash and say something that may get me banned as i really dont care. im simply asking a question i need something new from palm not the recycled pre but 4+ inch screen running over 1ghz im at the point were if its not out or some kinda details aren't out. im gone the phone industry is moving so fast i cant sit around and wait no matter how good the os is
    Feel free to have a rash

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...?highlight=c40
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...ly-2010-a.html
    (clap) HF Workerb33...
    What is HF?
  9.    #9  
    highfive
    It's a valid question, but the answer is unknown, sorry. Hang in there for a little longer, it would suck for you to move to another platform and then regret it when Palm reveals their new beast(s).
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
  12.    #12  
    im already on another platform as a stop gap but i have 2 upgrades comming and i want one of them to be a webos device
    before i become rash and say something that may get me banned as i really dont care. im simply asking a question
    i'm a bit confused. So are you saying you are or are not concerned about getting banned. Seems the purpose the sentence was to prevent you from getting banned, to give you pause before saying something ban worthy, but then you say you don't care. Slightly contradictory.

regardless, you're not going to find anything here about a new palm product you wouldn't find anywhere else. on the net cause nobody knows when or what new is coming. Not to mention once the purchase goes through it's perfectly plausible that HP could kill something in the works, alter what's already designed. Like say Palm already had a prototype with a 720p camera but 1080p is available but passed on for price reasons. HP could say screw it put the 1080p in their we need to make a mark on this market. I think the reality is you'll know when it either get's announced or leaked, same as most other phones and it just hasn't happened yet. If it's any consolation, phones take time to develop so it's highly unlikely Palm was ever sitting around doing nothing.
  14.    #14  
    yes i understand they've been working on something all along just havent heard anything substantial. palm has said nothing on the subject and im getting restless. would get another pre but been their done that
    im already on another platform as a stop gap but i have 2 upgrades comming and i want one of them to be a webos device
    I am confident that it will be worth the wait, and that those upgrades will be a happy day for you. My personal prediction is that you will see new handsets announced this year, but possibly not available until Q1 of 2011. That is based on Palm's last filings as a public company.

With HP resources, I'm hoping that will all be moved up at least 90 days so they will have new phones on the market in time for holiday shopping. But, we will know soon.
  16.    #16  
    lets hope a new webos phone will make me a happy camper. nothing can touch it
    yes i understand they've been working on something all along just havent heard anything substantial. palm has said nothing on the subject and im getting restless. would get another pre but been their done that
    yep. well it is what it is. there is not insight, timetable for an announcement, it could happen the day the deal closes or news could come in a year. Only insiders know at this point and unless they decide to release info you're not going to know until they tell you. It's pretty much always going to be like that. Look at apple. the only reason anyone knew specifics was because it leaked. Before that it was just rumors and speculation.
    I heard from a friend of my sister's friend's high school science teacher's old college roommate's cousin who knows a lot about these things, that Palm will release new hardware the moment two days pass without a new thread being created on the subject.

No lie.

Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19.    #19  
    ^^well then were all screwed ill start one everyday
    Check all the "Future Palm Device" threads. There's a lot of people there posting who claim to know many details of the next webOS device. You'll find your speculative answers there. As far as hard evidnce, I don't think we'll hear anyhting for at least 2 weeks (after the HP aqusition is complete).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast