56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would want a tablet.

9 16.07%
  • I would want a new pre.

41 73.21%
  • I don't care, just something new.

6 10.71%
  1.    #1  
    I am a Sprint Pre user, so I am with all of you wanting new hardware. But if it came down to it, and HP/Palm could only release one new device this year, which would you want more. I for one would choose the tablet. I want another device to carry around and I am trying my hardest to not buy an iPad. Would I like a faster processor in my pre? Definitely. Would I want a higher res screen? Yes. Would I like more RAM? Of course. But if I had to pick one new device now, I would pick a tablet and wait for a new smartphone. The current pre is still fine for me.
    Phone. a new PHONE

Did I mention, a phone ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'm not impatient for a new phone. My works very well. However, given the choices, I said "phone".

I doubt I'll ever get a tablet (though, I am open to a change later ha).
    I would currently prefer a tabulature computing plattform over a internet enabled telephonical device at this time in juncture

While I still lust for new hardware, my pre is perfectly functional and 100% satisfies my needs, meanwhile, I have found I would greatly benefit from a tablet. If palm made a webos tablet with hardware comparable to the ipad (preferably better ), had as good of battery life, and flash, I could see it replacing my laptop for everything except maybe something like writing papers.
    Why don't you make a Poll?

tablet is not in my budget

for 90% of people tablet is just a nother toy. A phone is actually useful
    Phone please.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    New webOS phone please.

A webOS tablet is no good to me. It will not fit in my pocket, I can't use it for phone calls, there is no physical keyboard, it has no MS Office doc editing software and can't VPN to the corp firewall. For me a webOS tablet would be like a Netbook with all the great things removed.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Why don't you make a Poll?

tablet is not in my budget

for 90% of people tablet is just a nother toy. A phone is actually useful
    There is a poll. And I guess you guys are right, I would love a new toy though
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    New webOS phone please.

A webOS tablet is no good to me. It will not fit in my pocket, I can't use it for phone calls, there is no physical keyboard, it has no MS Office doc editing software and can't VPN to the corp firewall. For me a webOS tablet would be like a Netbook with all the great things removed.

what HP should do for a tablet is.. make it so that lets say.. either in the evening/maybe on your desk at work, whatever the case may be.. ok lets go with evening and most people catch up on emails

make a touchstone like connector to the tablet which automatically turns into your phone.. your phone on roids basically.. you can sit and type do whatever you want.. but it would be a nice touch for mobility i think.. to just sync it to your tablet and have full phone function on your tablet when you don't feel like holding it

could also make the tablet with a stand that can rest on the table or whatever.
    A tablet, my Pre still rocks even if there are some phone with better hardware. A tablet would be really useful for me.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'd love an iPad-sized (and performance-equalling/surpassing!) tablet, preferably with bluetooth keyboard support so I can ditch my slow netbook for taking to class, etc.
    IMO, tablets really are the best-to-date format for consuming media, sitting on the couch, etc. Finger-driven browsing is just so much cooler than mouse-driven browsing!
    I voted, but would like to see another option in the poll, updated OS with more API bug fixes, accelerated GPU, etc. I think everyone would rather have these fixes done first, then new hardware.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I say let HP/Palm try to perfect one format first(the mobile phone), and polish the OS, before they try to get into the tablet business with a non-finalized OS, possibly turning off early adopters again...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    I voted "I don't care, I just want something new" because I believe what webOS really needs now to survive is good PRPRPR $from$ $better$-$made$ $upcoming$ $products$.

That said, I hope the next iteration of the Pre will not be called the "Pre 2" or "Pre Deluxe" or "Pre anything", since IMHO it will most likely carry the current mass public stigmatism of its predecessor. (Note: My Sprint Pre still rocks, courtesy of the Homebrew community..., Thanks, guys! )

I would be ecstatic to have a webOS tablet..., if it's done right: instant-on, multiple ports, and maybe also the ability to hook up as a secondary screen to a laptop or printer. For mere casual content media use, I'm done with the high-overhead headaches of laptops/netbooks..., especially as the family tech-support go-to-guy.

Let webOS mature and let it shine!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    New webos phone for sure, I've got a laptop that will do fine for a long while, and yes, I would want a tablet, I'm chafing for something to replace my Pre.