Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Nice article:

    Sign Here If You Think Apple Should Give Free Cases to Fix the iPhone 4's Problems

    Let's hope palm doesn't fall into the same problems. Yeah, things need to be 'pretty', but letting your marketing folks dictate engineering decisions is very dilbert-esque.
    : (){:|:&};:
  2. #2  
    Looks to me like form won out over function. That's really a shame. After reading that, I'd never consider buying an iPhone even if it was the greatest phone on earth (Which of course it's not). LOL
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Looks to me like form won out over function. That's really a shame. After reading that, I'd never consider buying an iPhone even if it was the greatest phone on earth (Which of course it's not). LOL
    And yet you bought a Pre.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    And yet you bought a Pre.
    I disagree there. While Palm may have taken the.... Cheaper route, it's just oit of date and replacements weren't hard to get. No matter the issue, Palm/carrier(s?) replaced it. There is no replacement fix in play here for Apple... Just reengineering....
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    And yet you bought a Pre.
    I'm on my original Pre for ten months now with no problems, and I can hold it anyway I like without losing reception.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6. #6  
    I'm still in shock that it was released with this issue. You would think they would have at least modified the signal strength algorithm to hide it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I disagree there. While Palm may have taken the.... Cheaper route, it's just oit of date and replacements weren't hard to get. No matter the issue, Palm/carrier(s?) replaced it. There is no replacement fix in play here for Apple... Just reengineering....
    Taking the cheaper route was a design decision and the design definitely made the Pre more vulnerable to certain problems (e.g. oreo). Some would argue that the design any phone which lacks a send and end key is putting form over function.

    In any event, Palm is in no position to mock Apple over defects in their phones.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Taking the cheaper route was a design decision and the design definitely made the Pre more vulnerable to certain problems (e.g. oreo). Some would argue that the design any phone which lacks a send and end key is putting form over function.

    In any event, Palm is in no position to mock Apple over defects in their phones.
    Palm never said "It's your fault because you hold it the wrong way." lol
  9. #9  
    Just a reminder to translate thoughts like these in to pithy slogans and ideas for this thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ours-here.html
  10. bs5765's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #10  
    I am also on my first Pre. No hardware issues at all, had it for 9 months and only had to Doctor it once due to me not completly getting rid of a theme before trying to apply a second one.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Palm never said "It's your fault because you hold it the wrong way." lol
    True. Palm said absolutely nothing and hoped it would go away.

    Interesting that Gizmodo, often disparaged on PreCentral boards as an Apple-loving blog, is now the champion of PreCentral because it's helping fuel the local hate-machine.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    True. Palm said absolutely nothing and hoped it would go away.

    Interesting that Gizmodo, often disparaged on PreCentral boards as an Apple-loving blog, is now the champion of PreCentral because it's helping fuel the local hate-machine.
    No, Palm revised their hardware and it is currently much better than it used to be.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    True. Palm said absolutely nothing and hoped it would go away.

    Interesting that Gizmodo, often disparaged on PreCentral boards as an Apple-loving blog, is now the champion of PreCentral because it's helping fuel the local hate-machine.
    I guess they don't love Apple anymore.
  14. tejoe's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #14  
    The reason Pre owners can gloat at any new phones problems e.x. Iphone,Evo. For months it was "It's the build quality stupid". Apple NEVER has problems with build quality. Htc NEVER has problems with build quality. The Pre sucks because of all the build quality problems. I think the gloating is a form of the precentral forums company line "All phones have there issues" and now it's come to light.

Posting Permissions