Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, long time reader first time poster...anyway my girlfriend works at sprint and i constantly bug her to check for any new webos devices, well, today she just texted me that the new sprint playbook that they got has info on a new palm phone, she said it just says PALM TREO NEW and that is says both webos and winmo. She will be of and home in a couple hours with pics and a link to there training guides on the phone. So my question is, is there anyother sprint employees that can verify this? Thanks guys
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    LOL
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
    Yah... webOS Treo. As long as we are going backwards, a webOS Vizor will be next.
    w00t! Palm Treo! Welcome to 2002! Can't wait to see if it has a full color touch screen display with a stylus!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yah... webOS Treo. As long as we are going backwards, a webOS Vizor will be next.
    ...makes sense. We expected a new WebOS phone with better hardware. My treo was a tank

PS: I've been checking this site mutiple times a day just to see the first leak post.... 1.9% chance this is it. The next two weeks will test my patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by utslickvic View Post
    ...makes sense. We expected a new WebOS phone with better hardware. My treo was a tank
    LoL, You Know What, You Are Right!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    It will be a very underwhelming announcement if it's true which I doubt
  8.    #8  
    well i said the same thing and asked her about 4 times are u sure it says treo. and she emphaticlly sad yes thats what is says, It'll probably turn out to be nothing, buts thats why i was asking for another sprint employee to verify. she be home soon and ill let you guys no what it actually is.
    This can't be true!
    Yah I still have my old Treo 650 in the drawer...it was a tank, but a good one. The best Treo Palm ever made, one reason why I didn't upgrade until the Pre came out.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymania View Post
    Hey guys, long time reader first time poster...anyway my girlfriend works at sprint and i constantly bug her to check for any new webos devices, well, today she just texted me that the new sprint playbook that they got has info on a new palm phone, she said it just says PALM TREO NEW and that is says both webos and winmo. She will be of and home in a couple hours with pics and a link to there training guides on the phone. So my question is, is there anyother sprint employees that can verify this? Thanks guys
    Hey, he said there will be pics, so I'll wait to see how credible this is. If what Jaymania is saying turns to be true, I will have a new hero today
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    she has an old playbook from 2008 or so.. i have allllllllllll of those... lol... sorry but especially since the HP buyout i dont think youll see a Palm winmo maybe an HP winphone 7 but NOT a HPalm Winmo anything
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    The only thing that sounds weird is the fact of it having winmo...that's not gonna happen... i can see a re-intro of the Treo as a new makeover device tho, think about it -it was a VERY popular phone brand! I think it would be a better name than Pixi, personally...

Anyway, I don't believe until we see pics... besides, it could also just be in the system as 'TREO NEW' to throw people off what the real name would be... or another Sprint system glitch jumping back in time to 2002
    The 700 was available in both Palm OS and WinMo.
    I don't think it is too crazy for Sprint to just print up some random info on the new Palm phone, even out of date names. It is just an employee handbook and not a roadmap. The winmo thing is a big odd though.
  16.    #16  
    well false alarm for now that picture that she took in the sprint playbook is of the treo pro, but she is telling me that its in the upcoming phone section???
    Actually in some ways this could almost be legit. I can see HP releasing WebOS and WinMo 7 phones, no reason they wouldn't do that if they want to be in the game. Using the Treo name would also be a decent move from a marketing strategy. The Treo name is solid, well liked, has a strong corporate image, and lets face it they were incredibly well built. HP's marketing could really look at it with those thoughts.

I think both are actually possible and wouldn't dismiss it as a knee jerk reaction.

All that being said....your gf is a blonde in every sense of the word isn't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymania View Post
    well false alarm for now that picture that she took in the sprint playbook is of the treo pro, but she is telling me that its in the upcoming phone section???
    Well, show us the picture of the page then. Or give the links she was talking about
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I still think the new webOS device should be named the Palm Pilot HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I still think the new webOS device should be named the Palm Pilot HD.
    Not until webOS has universal search on the calendar and tasks.

I see I'm not the only person whose first instinct was to check the date of the original post.