Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hold it right there.
    Do you think that saying "right outside the nation's capitol" makes it sound more trustworthy?
    Since when was anything that came from that area, "trustworthy", lol.
    Sprint has a big office in reston va, it was previously their corporate headquarter (now moved to overlandpark ks).
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    Haha! Well... at least more pompous and self-important. So are you suggesting that we treat this with the same level of belief that we treat most other things coming out of this town?
    Did i stutter? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Sprint has a big office in reston va, it was previously their corporate headquarter (now moved to overlandpark ks).
    They have a big office building here in Atlanta too. I don't think that affects what store employees have to say about anything.
    You do?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    At a special stockholder meeting held June 25, 2010, the stockholders of Palm, Inc. ("Palm") approved the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated April 28, 2010 among Palm, District Acquisition Corporation and Hewlett-Packard Company ("HP"). Such approval occurred by way of the affirmative vote of a majority of the
    (i) holders of the outstanding shares of Palm common stock, Series B preferred stock and Series C preferred stock at the close of business on the record date, May 24, 2010, voting together as a single class on an as-converted basis, and
    (ii) holders of the outstanding shares of Palm common stock not beneficially owned by Elevation Partners, L.P., or its affiliates.

The transaction is expected to close on Wednesday, July 1, 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    At a special stockholder meeting held June 25, 2010, the stockholders of Palm, Inc. ("Palm") approved the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated April 28, 2010 among Palm, District Acquisition Corporation and Hewlett-Packard Company ("HP"). Such approval occurred by way of the affirmative vote of a majority of the
    (i) holders of the outstanding shares of Palm common stock, Series B preferred stock and Series C preferred stock at the close of business on the record date, May 24, 2010, voting together as a single class on an as-converted basis, and
    (ii) holders of the outstanding shares of Palm common stock not beneficially owned by Elevation Partners, L.P., or its affiliates.

Only 'cause I'm curious, not 'cause I'm skeptical...But what's your source, since it looks like you're quoting something?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Only 'cause I'm curious, not 'cause I'm skeptical...But what's your source, since it looks like you're quoting something?
    Summary of PALM INC - Yahoo! Finance
    Hold it right there.
    Do you think that saying "right outside the nation's capitol" makes it sound more trustworthy?
    Since when was anything that came from that area, "trustworthy", lol.
    I came from right outside the nation's capital (Arlington, VA), and I think I'm trustworthy...

but I don't know anything about a new phone.
    Did i stutter? Lol
    Sorry--I can not reply to that because I don't have a teleprompter in front of me at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I came from right outside the nation's capital (Arlington, VA), and I think I'm trustworthy....
    Oops! Sorry, Bev.
    But you're a GREAT mod, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    Sorry--I can not reply to that because I don't have a teleprompter in front of me at the moment.
    Hahaha, good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post

July 1st is Thursday not Wednesday!
    I'm pleading the 5th I shall say nothin !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    July 1st is Thursday not Wednesday!
    lol that's actually one of the funniest observations all day. Good catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That's already been discussed and "announced" for an update coming by/in the Fall. So, yes, GPU acceleration of the UI, other background performance improvements, and a complete set of APIs are all coming. That means that current Pre/+ and Pixi/+ users will get an instant boost in performance and capabilities, while the next hardware, I'm assuming, will have new functionality (such as, compass support, front-facing camera, or whatever).
    I know, I just like wishing for things I will get.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I just want a Palm phone that exceeds my expectations and have those apple fan boys running for cover!
    Apple fan boys running for cover? Remember these are the same people who purchased a 2G phone when EVERY OTHER non-dumb phone (i.e the Moto Razr) had 3G and believed Steve's garbage about nobody really needing 3G...

... well at least until Apple released a 3G phone then it was indispensable!

They have no clue nor any shame.
    Last edited by dbh123; 06/25/2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: ******* --> ******** ***?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh123 View Post
    Apple fan boys running for cover? Remember these are the same people who purchased a 2G phone when EVERY OTHER non-dumb phone (i.e the Moto Razr) had 3G and believed Steve's garbage about nobody really needing 3G...

... well at least until Apple released a 3G phone then it was indispensable!

They have no clue nor any shame.
    lol
    the deals closing a month early instead of a month late... This doesn't feel like the palm i've grown to like. Aww well, I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    the deals closing a month early instead of a month late... This doesn't feel like the palm i've grown to like. Aww well, I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it ...
    I'm not complaining by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by "Jakeeeee
    I don't want a compass because I want my touchstone to be usable.
    Actually, it's the other way around. The touchstone back causes the compass to malfunction. Having a compass in the phone won't affect the touchstones capability.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Actually, it's the other way around. The touchstone back causes the compass to malfunction. Having a compass in the phone won't affect the touchstones capability.
    That's what I mean, usable as in, I wouldn't be able to use it anymore because it would mess up functions in my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    That's what I mean, usable as in, I wouldn't be able to use it anymore because it would mess up functions in my phone.
    The compass is messed up by the magnets in the touchstone back, thus meaning you can't have both because the compass would never be accurate. With the magnets, the compass can't function since the magnets can pull it in funky directions (if you have a compass around put a magnet or just your touchstone back near it and watch the needle move around).

So it will be interesting to see what HPalm decides to do about people desire for the compass for certain features vs. the love of inductive charging.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast