Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I was not there.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I was not there.
    What, they didn't fly you in for the meeting? Bummer :-)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I just googled the meeting and there is nothing. There's nothing on Palm's site either.
    Well, this is what showed up when I googled.

Palm Reaches Settlement Related to HP Acquisition | Wireless Week

Palm Reaches Settlement Related to HP Acquisition

Palm is close to settling at least one lawsuit related to HP's acquisition of the company. Palm says it has entered into a memorandum of understanding to settle a lawsuit that challenged the $5.70 per share price as too low.

Palm yesterday filed additional proxy materials with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to disclose the settlement and to supplement the disclosures in a proxy statement filed on May 26.

Palm didn't disclose terms of the settlement. However, the filing says the settlement "will not affect the amount of the merger consideration that Palm stockholders are entitled to receive in the merger."

The suit, Steve Ubaney vs. Jonathan Rubinstein, et al, generally alleges that the individual defendants breached their fiduciary duty by failing to maximize stockholder value in negotiating and approving the merger agreement and that the proxy statement omits certain material information. The defendants denied the allegations.

Similar suits are pending. A special meeting of shareholders will be held June 25 for shareholders to vote on the HP deal.

-> Note the very last paragraph.
    Why is everyone debating the fact that there was a shareholder meeting today? It happened and there are various sources that confirm that.

As for the credibility of the OP, the information given seems very credible given the witnesses and realistic speculation. Although nothing is 100% true until we hear it from the horses mouth.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    i agree with Abyssul.

I am intrigued as to what the first week of july will mean for new device announcement. perhaps the drought of information is about be met with a flood.

or so i hope.

from that webosroundup article, (and some other mentions from people saying they work for HP) it sounds like people at HP are using webOS right now. I hope that they have started to actually develop something together, prior to this merger, and that HP is helping palm out already by leveraging buying power, and distribution connections, to get premium parts/processors/screens, at a reasonable price.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    I was one of the other 6 or so shareholders at the 5 minute meeting and chatted with Teri Klein (Palm head of IR), along with jakerome. I can confirm that both Teri and jake exist. Teri was excited about future products and said that loyal Palm fans will be rewarded, but she was clearly speaking in general terms and in fact, denied having seen these products herself.
    i am taking what teri said about loyal palm fans as meaning, all of you evo jumpers will not not be allowed to purchase future palm phones
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    i am taking what teri said about loyal palm fans as meaning, all of you evo jumpers will not not be allowed to purchase future palm phones
    That would be great if you had to show up to your carrier's store with your Pre/Pixi to get the upgraded hardware. It would be even better if you could trade in your Pre/Pixi for a shiny new Pre 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    That would be great if you had to show up to your carrier's store with your Pre/Pixi to get the upgraded hardware. It would be even better if you could trade in your Pre/Pixi for a shiny new Pre 2...
    Apple does a pretty good job of rewarding loyalists and I hope they do the same here, give everyone a Pre2 for the low price who has had a Pre for a year or more. Obviously if you are Sprint you are covered because they have their own system in place.
    I am hoping the loyal fan reward is not just hardware of course I want hardware, But that 2.0 is like an hardware upgrade to the current phones, in terms of GPU acceleration of the GUI and API's for mic, camera, and all other manner of things.
    There are four lights.
    Imagine this: bring your old phone and get 100 off, 2 year contract, another 150 off (extension that is), so phone comes out to like 50 bucks. looking forward to new hardware, can't wait!!! Kidding it aint gonna happen, but I'm sure we Palm carriers will benefit!!!

GO PALM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I am hoping the loyal fan reward is not just hardware of course I want hardware, But that 2.0 is like an hardware upgrade to the current phones, in terms of GPU acceleration of the GUI and API's for mic, camera, and all other manner of things.
    agreed. not asking for a miracle, but would like to see the Pre stretch it's life. That and I really don't want to buy a new phone.
    I just want a Palm phone that exceeds my expectations and have those apple fan boys running for cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    That's already been discussed and "announced" for an update coming by/in the Fall. So, yes, GPU acceleration of the UI, other background performance improvements, and a complete set of APIs are all coming. That means that current Pre/+ and Pixi/+ users will get an instant boost in performance and capabilities, while the next hardware, I'm assuming, will have new functionality (such as, compass support, front-facing camera, or whatever).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I am a shareholder, voted by proxy a couple weeks ago. Let's get this show on the road, i want a bigger better bader Palm phone!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    agreed. not asking for a miracle, but would like to see the Pre stretch it's life. That and I really don't want to buy a new phone.
    I think that's exactly what HP/Palm has in mind.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    the link given says the meeting took 10 mins... can a vote take that short of time plus all the info?
    Generally proxy information is sent out to shareholders well ahead of time and shareholders send in their votes ahead of time either by snail mail or increasingly online. Think of it like the Academy Awards, the shareholder meeting is just the ceremony when they open the envelope and say "and The Oscar goes to..."
    Just to add to the rumor mill...

I was in a Sprint corporate store (as in, not an authorized reseller) today in Northern Virginia--right outside the nation's capitol. A sales rep there told me that "a new Palm device is coming in September." He went on to say that the new device will be more sturdily built, have a larger screen, and have a wider keyboard.

Not sure how valid that is or where he got his info, but I find it interesting that a Sprint sales rep is saying this instead of trying to talk me into buying an Evo. Just sayin.
    Last edited by tobeaman; 06/25/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    Just to add to the rumor mill...

I was in a Sprint corporate store (as in, not an authorized reseller) today in Northern Virginia--right outside the nation's capitol.....
    Hold it right there.
    Do you think that saying "right outside the nation's capitol" makes it sound more trustworthy?
    Since when was anything that came from that area, "trustworthy", lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    (such as, compass support, front-facing camera, or whatever).
    I don't want a compass because I want my touchstone to be usable.
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 06/26/2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hold it right there.
    Do you think that saying "right outside the nation's capitol" makes it sound more trustworthy?
    Since when was anything that came from that area, "trustworthy", lol.
    Haha! Well... at least more pompous and self-important. So are you suggesting that we treat this with the same level of belief that we treat most other things coming out of this town?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast