Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 89
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    the link given says the meeting took 10 mins... can a vote take that short of time plus all the info?
    Yep. The larger shareholders (likely a majority by themselves) likely already voted well in advance. So, the meeting was primarily to announce the results and then what it means.

    Things are going to get VERY, VERY interesting soon.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    says on twitter that it was just approved.
    which twitter are you looking at the lat thing i see is 31 mins ago
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    HP wanted Palm to warn at the merger announcement so that the bad news was all out in the open.
    What this mean exactly (spanish guy, so I can't get the exact meaning)?
  4. #24  
    Anyone can make a Jakerome username...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Anyone can make a Jakerome username...
    I just googled the meeting and there is nothing. There's nothing on Palm's site either.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What this mean exactly (spanish guy, so I can't get the exact meaning)?
    I didn't get that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    What this mean exactly (spanish guy, so I can't get the exact meaning)?
    If you remember, Palm warned Wall Street that their quarterly earning numbers were not going to be great. see this article: http://www.precentral.net/palm-updat...p-announcement

    So, HP wanted Palm to make sure everyone was aware of these not-so-good numbers so that at the time of the actual acquisition, there were not surprises.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  8. #28  
    So assuming the update in Fall which comes with releasing the APIs and improving the App Catalog is WebOS 2.0 (since Palm said no more updates after 1.4.5, I'll assume it is), I guess we can then expect at least the announcement of a new device at the same time, with leaks to start happening after the first week in July...
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    So assuming the update in Fall which comes with releasing the APIs and improving the App Catalog is WebOS 2.0 (since Palm said no more updates after 1.4.5, I'll assume it is), I guess we can then expect at least the announcement of a new device at the same time, with leaks to start happening after the first week in July...
    I think that's pretty much what's going to happen...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    If you remember, Palm warned Wall Street that their quarterly earning numbers were not going to be great. see this article: http://www.precentral.net/palm-updat...p-announcement

    So, HP wanted Palm to make sure everyone was aware of these not-so-good numbers so that at the time of the actual acquisition, there were not surprises.
    Ah, ok. Thanks! But that (and now not reporting earns) makes me believe that real numbers probably are better than announced...
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Anyone can make a Jakerome username...
    Yes, but nobody can manufacture 165 posts, including one about being a shareholder that was posted in February.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yes, but nobody can manufacture 165 posts, including one about being a shareholder that was posted in February.
    pshhh yes they can.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    pshhh yes they can.
    Edit: My cynicism got in the way of my sarcasm detection abilities.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. #34  
    I just want some more confirmation. That's all. RUBY! Where are you at!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, I wasn't aware someone could manipulate the forum that way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    lol it was sarcasm bro.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    lol it was sarcasm bro.
    Oh. My bad...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17. #37  
    First week of July?!!!
  18. #38  
    There was definitely a meeting today. Here is their filing:
    Dear Stockholder:

    The Board of Directors of Palm, Inc. has unanimously approved a merger agreement providing for Palm to be acquired by Hewlett-Packard Company. You are cordially invited to attend a special meeting of Palm stockholders to be held at 9:00 a.m., local time, on June 25, 2010, at the offices of Palm, Inc. at 950 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, California 94085.


    Palm, Inc. - Definitive Proxy Statement
  19. sbono13's Avatar
    Posts
    426 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #39  
    I was one of the other 6 or so shareholders at the 5 minute meeting and chatted with Teri Klein (Palm head of IR), along with jakerome. I can confirm that both Teri and jake exist. Teri was excited about future products and said that loyal Palm fans will be rewarded, but she was clearly speaking in general terms and in fact, denied having seen these products herself.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbono13 View Post
    Teri was excited about future products and said that loyal Palm fans will be rewarded, but she was clearly speaking in general terms and in fact, denied having seen these products herself.
    That tells you how strict and secure Palm is with their next-gen devices and roadmap.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions