1.    #1  
    Given that the current Treo model numbers are Treo 90, 180, 270, should we as loyal customers of Handspring be expecting to see a Treo 360 in the near future??? And if so, what would this model look like? What if it's a Treo 270 with an expansion slot?!??

The gears are turning....
    Too late - the Treo 300 is (probably) next - it's the CDMA, Sprint-branded Treo 270.

A Treo 360 eh? Hmmm - 360 - like a circle. Like a FULL CIRCLE. Maybe Handspring will come full circle and reinstate the Springboard!

Kupe
    If I was Mr. Handspring... first, I wouldn't have A.Anderson do the books. Second, the 360 would have bluetooth (or whatever we finally wind up with). The 360 degrees tie-in would be just too easy to brand.

Note to Donna Dubinsky:
    Oooh-ooh-ooh, do I get the prize for guessing right?
    What would you do with Bluetooth if it was incorporated?

I am curious as to what value BlueTooth would add to a future wireless Treo or to the existing Treo 90.

I can imagine doing some of these things:
    1. Wireless HotSync
    2. Surf the web while near a BlueTooth transmitter
    3. See the device as a folder on my PC equipped with Bluetooth using software like SyncWizard.

The downside I see as follows:
    1. Battery life - these transceivers do use a lot of power in the miserly pda scheme of things.
    2. Cost of Bluetooth accessories and willingness to buy them - the one Bluetooth headset for the bluetooth phones costs nearly $150. Not everyone is going to be willing to pay that. Likewise PCMCIA cards for your laptop are in the same range.
    3. Will 802.11 be more popular for public areas - I suspect so. And then the question becomes, will 802.11 be ever power miserly enough for use on pda type devices. Looking even further into the future I wonder if the 3G networks will simply blow all this wLAN technology out of the water anyhow. If Sprints new network lives up to expectations, there will be little need to have Bluetooth and 802.11

My final 2c: Data costs for bytes transmitted - I would like for applications like Treo Mail to always come with HotSync conduits so that I can choose to sync my mail like the old Palm Mail application. That way I can save airtime packet costs if I am starting the day at my desk. Later that day when wandering around the device uses wireless time to synch mail but I always have the low cost choice if at my desk. Once people start signing up for 3G services like iStream, they soon realise the cost benefit to reducing the amount of data being synced over the air. Both Blazer and Treo Mail use compression to keep the costs down considerably but the latter could do with the addition of a HotSync conduit.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    [
    My final 2c: Data costs for bytes transmitted - I would like for applications like Treo Mail to always come with HotSync conduits so that I can choose to sync my mail like the old Palm Mail application. That way I can save airtime packet costs if I am starting the day at my desk. Later that day when wandering around the device uses wireless time to synch mail but I always have the low cost choice if at my desk. Once people start signing up for 3G services like iStream, they soon realise the cost benefit to reducing the amount of data being synced over the air. Both Blazer and Treo Mail use compression to keep the costs down considerably but the latter could do with the addition of a HotSync conduit. [/B]
    With regards to you thoughts about Treo Mail, have you tried BaseJet www.basejet.com ? BaseJet provides the functionality you are looking for and it is free while still in beta. It's great!