Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I am hoping that palm makes a pre 2 that's maybe a little bigger with hard keyboard and landscape virtual kb with the faster processor. Also they probably need to make the slab with the front camera that everybody is crazy about.

    I would choose the pre 2.
  2. #2  
    They are making multiple devices.
  3. #3  
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4. #4  
    I was about to make a thread about this. I honestly think 3 devices would be perfect. The Pre, a vertical slider. The Pixi, a small candybar with a nice clickly keyboard. And finally, the "Preo", a 3.7in screen with no keyboard. Or, if they had to only make 2, get rid of the Pixi, because in a world of superphones, the pixi will never keep up.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    Or, if they had to only make 2, get rid of the Pixi, because in a world of superphones, the pixi will never keep up.
    Yeah, because everyone in the world wants a superphone.

    We are all big lame geeky nerds on this site. Don't jump to conclusions and think that the entire world wants a 7Ghz phone with a terabyte of ram and a 5 inch 32-bit color screen.

    We are the minority.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    We are all big lame geeky nerds on this site. Don't jump to conclusions and think that the entire world wants a 7Ghz phone with a terabyte of ram and a 5 inch 32-bit color screen.
    Oh my god
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7. #7  
    pre
    pixi (with a bigger screen and competent internals)
    landscape slider
    touchslab

    Boom, hp makes four webos phones, everyones happy
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    pre
    pixi (with a bigger screen and competent internals)
    landscape slider
    touchslab

    Boom, hp makes four webos phones, everyones happy
    nooo cuz then i would have to add more lines lol
    Palm prē-ist.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Yeah, because everyone in the world wants a superphone.

    We are all big lame geeky nerds on this site. Don't jump to conclusions and think that the entire world wants a 7Ghz phone with a terabyte of ram and a 5 inch 32-bit color screen.

    We are the minority.
    I am not saying the specs. People want huge screens. People want iPhones, Evos, and Droid. No one will ever line up for the release of the Palm Pixi,
  10. dreDREb13's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    I am not saying the specs. People want huge screens. People want iPhones, Evos, and Droid. No one will ever line up for the release of the Palm Pixi,
    And very few will line up for the release of the next Palm phone. It's just that people hear about Android and iPhone and that's really it. When it comes to Palm, it's in its own corner.

    It's sad seeing so many people forget webOS even exists... The iPhone reviews always pit it against Android. It's openness vs. simplicity. And yet there's webOS with both, and no one seems to remember. :P
  11. #11  
    1. Larger Pre (slightly larger and better screen, more pixels, squarer, thinner, better specs)
    2. Larger Pixi (slightly larger and better screen, more pixels, same exact specs as its Pre brother)
    3. New "Preo" (larger superphone with same awesome specs as above 2, but with no hardware keyboard) [Thx Schmid7y]

    So that the only differentiating factor is the form factor (and not specs).
  12. #12  
    I would like for someone that develops webOS apps to weigh in and tell us what they would have to change in their apps if Palm added a horizontal/soft keyboard...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I would like for someone that develops webOS apps to weigh in and tell us what they would have to change in their apps if Palm added a horizontal/soft keyboard...
    that would be too much to ask for/expect.
    webOS is made around the portrait view, just like the iphone and blackberry. to make a horizontal slider is to make webOS...clunky
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I would like for someone that develops webOS apps to weigh in and tell us what they would have to change in their apps if Palm added a horizontal/soft keyboard...
    Nothing. If Palm implemented a virtual keyboard and it behaved like the notifications being expanded nothing would change for the developers - WebOS is built to adapt to different screensizes and a virtual keyboard would simply reduce the available screensize for the app. (Thus maybe more scrolling or compressed view of the application.)
  15. #15  
    Maybe the soon-to-come "webOS 2.0" is a truly evolved version of the OS and can accommodate not just a horizontal keyboard but horizontal everything (menu on top, launcher, even better notification, etc). This would make much more sense with higher pixels and larger screens.

    This would have to happen if webOS is to be on any tablets and try to compete with iOS 4.X, Android, and other tablet OS.
    Last edited by PalmKing; 06/25/2010 at 03:24 PM.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Oh my god
    LOL. that made me laugh
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmid7y View Post
    No one will ever line up for the release of the Palm Pixi
    I'd pay good money to see that haha

Posting Permissions