1.    #1  
    Ok i dont believe this crap happened in one night.

i found this auction on ebay for 5 270s selling for only $260. (it was reaching $260)

I emailed the seller saying i'd pay $300 shipped. the seller agreed.

i transfered the money through bidpay costing me $27. a total of $327.

bidpay rejected the transaction saying this:

the seller has 0 feedback! the seller is new.
    the auction has not ended.

I am kinda glad this happened now since the western union/bidpay lady just enlightened me on some hard facts.

1. the seller is new
    2. the seller claims to be someone else who had tons of feedback and was a power seller
    3. the seller could'v run away with the money
    4. ebay would not be responsible since the auction has not ended.
    5. most important one; the seller is using an anonymous email service (hotmail)

and come to think of it, the seller never told me if the unit was unlocked. all they said was its new and sealed. how do i know it wasnt stolen?

ok i am counting the hours until my money returns to my account.

the crazy thing is; people are bidding on this right now.

heres the auction;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1369491470
    I know it starts a chicken-egg problem, but I say never bid on anything from people w/o high positive feedback. And take a cursory look through the comments and make sure lots of the items were expensive, not simply small transactions made to up the rating.
    I love how he's selling exactly 5 Treos, 5 NR70Vs, 5 DVD players, 5 XBOXs, etc. . . I feel bad for the eventual high bidders. Not too smart to buy expensive items from someone with zero feedback.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    I love how he's selling exactly 5 Treos, 5 NR70Vs, 5 DVD players, 5 XBOXs, etc. . . I feel bad for the eventual high bidders. Not too smart to buy expensive items from someone with zero feedback.
    i am really trying to trust this person but it feels like a scam
    personally I don't think I would ever purchase something like a Treo on eBay. I mean sure you can save $20-$30 but still...is that money worth the risk of getting a faulty/counterfeit/stolen/broken Treo? I mean in a world of Caveat Emptor I think paying extra money to a reputable retail outlet and receiving the piece of mind your unit has been never touched by someone else potentially grubby hands is worth it.

Just for the records, my friend once but a Microsoft Intellimouse off of ebay (supposedly new and sealed) and received it only to find it had been opened with the mouse shoved back in the box haphazardly and stunk of cigeratte smoke (which is known to shorten the lifespan of electronics by a significant factor). Well I think I've spewed too much here...night.
    Alex.
    Last edited by tantousha; 07/29/2002 at 03:12 PM.
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Originally posted by [WHOCARES]
    i am really trying to trust this person but it feels like a scam
    It is a scam - or at best, something illegal.

QUESTION: Where could an individual legally get 5 Treos "sealed in the box" for well under $300 (he accepted your price - I assumed he wanted to make a profit)?

ANSWER: Nowhere.

Kupe
    I mean in a world of Caveat Emptor I think paying extra money to a reputable retail outlet and receiving the piece of mind your unit has been never touched by someone else potentially grubby hands is worth it.
    Luckily (don't tell anyone) I had just bougth on too so we exchanged his using my receipt for a new one .
    Dude, you're worse than any of the Ebay people we've been griping about! That is downright wrong. You have no authority to pull such a move. First you say that you dont' mind paying a premium for premium service, but then you swing right around and say you'll screw them the first chance you get. I hope you rethink your philosophy, it is horribly inconsistent.
    Looks like that auction has since been shut down.
    When I checked the auction a couple days ago, it looked like you diddn't get all 5 treos for your bid - just that the top 5 bids each got a device.....
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  10.    #10  
    ok so i am up ready to get to work at 5:30am when i got this email:

Dear Paul N. (paulnaama@cox.net),

Please be advised that the following auction:

1369491470 - Handspring Treo 270!!! L@@K!!!

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.
    All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,
    Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
    eBay Inc
    Whoa! What is going on here?
    Looks like ebay is pretty on the ball...
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50