Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First off, I have to say I don't hate Palm but some of their choices are bugging me. I love how webOS used to have almost monthly updates, but lately they've been slipping and that is fine because I understand how hard it is to develop an OS. But now they give dates that I feel like they know they won't make and then don't say anything about it for months! Like 1.4.5, and 1.4. They also promise BASIC features that they take FOREVER to implement.

1) I think it's ludicrous that they charge $15 to get phone support if your phone is more than 90 days old. I think they are the only company that is stingy and cheap like this.

2) They unveiled their plans for a Push Notifications system over a year ago and haven't said ANYTHING about it since. This is a much desired feature that they could at the least give us updates about.

3) 1:1 dragging. They said they were working on this back in December and it's been 6 months now and still no news. This is also a basic feature that makes a touch based OS a million times more fluid and easier to use.

I'm making this post in hopes that some Palm employee reads this and maybe relays (hopefully) OUR concern and either implement these features and better their company or at least give us updates on these features that were unveiled long long ago.

If anyone has any more major gripes about Palm or webOS in general please feel free to add to this list. My biggest hope for this thread is to make a list of features that if added to webOS would make it the best mobile OS out there.
    -1 I'm not concerned, love my Pre and the homebrew community. If you're gonna buy a puppy ya gotta give it time to grow.

-1 for creating another thread when there's already a Sticky for Pre complaints: http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/241309-general-pre-complaints.html

Total: -2 for this thread
    - My kids are driving me crazy.

- The wife is bustin my ****.

- I got a rash on my *** so bad, I can't even sit down.

But you know me, I can't complain.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/19/2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: language posted to get around filters
    -1 for calling palm tech support even if it is free. Call your carrier. That's their job, and they don't charge.

if you really want to talk to palm, use the free chat on their support page.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah well I did use the free chat thing, and ended up trashtalking the support because they're all in fact pretty much as useless as useless can get. Plus Sprint told me they can't do anything and to contact Palm so I wasn't left with much of an option. My whole point was that Palm's customer support is <bad>. They need to step it up if they want to compete with Google and Apple.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/19/2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: language
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    -1 I'm not concerned, love my Pre and the homebrew community. If you're gonna buy a puppy ya gotta give it time to grow.
    If your puppy doesn't grow at all in an entire year there's obviously something wrong with it. I'm referring to the push notifications. Why tease us with a feature that you didnt intend on giving us for a LONG time to come? It's a **** move on their part.
    Were we supposed to take a guy named "anus" seriously? My bad.
  8.    #8  
    Don't judge me by the colour of my skin.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Were we supposed to take a guy named "anus" seriously? My bad.

So says DrHeathenScum . . . regardless Mr. anus1220 is from NJ it seems and well . .

New Poll Confirms That Living in New Jersey Sucks
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    I have nothing but great things to say about palm customer support. Just because you are not getting the answers you want to hear does not mean the support is bad. In case you have not been paying attention,it has been a rough 3 or four months for palm and now they can see the lite at the end of the tunnel. They have come out and promised a very exciting future. So please, Try to see what is and what will be,,insted of what you want right now.
    The OP has some good points whether you all like it or not. Apologists should just admit that Palm made mistakes.

I agree that charging for phone support is anti-customer service. A lot companies do this now though, and it really ****es me off! It's like they got your money so now you can screw off.

As for 2 and 3, then people wonder why Android, which keeps updating and adding features in a timely manner, is taking off.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    Don't judge me by the colour of my skin.
    LOL... touche
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    So says DrHeathenScum . . . regardless Mr. anus1220 is from NJ it seems and well . .

New Poll Confirms That Living in New Jersey Sucks
    Haha funny, I just moved out of Jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The OP has some good points whether you all like it or not. Apologists should just admit that Palm made mistakes.

I agree that charging for phone support is anti-customer service. A lot companies do this now though, and it really ****es me off! It's like they got your money so now you can screw off.

As for 2 and 3, then people wonder why Android, which keeps updating and adding features in a timely manner, is taking off.
    Phone diva, android is taking off by default, what other os are those manufacturers gonna use? Iphone, palm?
    The OP mentioned that Palm made promises to tweak webOS but has not or is moving too slowly. What I'm saying is Android also makes promises to tweak the OS, but they follow through. They make improvements and get tech headlines. webOS keeps promising but crickets are still chirping for the most part.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The OP mentioned that Palm made promises to tweak webOS but has not or is moving too slowly. What I'm saying is Android also makes promises to tweak the OS, but they follow through. They make improvements and get tech headlines. webOS keeps promising but crickets are still chirping for the most part.
    Well I don't have an android so I don't know how much it has changed in one year, but I do know the pre is vastly improved from the original (not in the speed dept though) and palm is broke. Why are you comparing them to gazillionaire google. What kind of phone do you have? A pre and android I suppose, what are the major changes to android in a year?
    be sure you check Palm's update history. They have made regular and substantial updates to webOS
    I know they've updated. But according to some people, they still didn't include some now basic smartphone features.

Is it true they didn't include push notifications but said they would, like the OP said? I've seen other gripes too.

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well I don't have an android so I don't know how much it has changed in one year, but I do know the pre is vastly improved from the original (not in the speed dept though) and palm is broke. Why are you comparing them to gazillionaire google. What kind of phone do you have? A pre and android I suppose, what are the major changes to android in a year?
    Didn't we get 2.0, 2.1 and now 2.2 within a year's time or so? I thought 2.1 was going to be the new standard, and now it's 2.2.

Why am I comparing Palm to Google? Only in terms of major OS updates.

they didn't commit to a date. Every carrier wants it done diferently.

palm plans a framework to make push usable for any app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast